LANDSTAR DRIVERS - HELP ME PLEASE

MISFIT

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
My partner and I just signed on with Landstar about three weeks ago and so far we've gotten a grand total of four runs!?!?!? What are we doing wrong? We were with CTX and every time we talked to a Landstar driver they had nothing but good to say about the company. They taked about how good the co. was, how much money they were making and how nice everyone at Landstar was, ect,ect. Well, so far everyone has been real nice just like the drivers said but nothing else has panned out. What am I doing wrong?!?!?!?! Help me please! The longest run we've gotten so far has been for 655 miles the rest were around 300-400. That's not even enough for a single driver much less a team. Maybe CTX wasn't so bad after all. Please prove that statement to be wrong! Thanks!

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Try posting a mesage to Wild Bill,If memory serves me correctly he is with LEA.I think the overall expediting business is getting saturated with more and more companies.I was in Michigan last week and every few miles some new oufit (Joe Bob!s Express ,Pete!s Fast Freight Etc) would pass bye.In my 13 years with Roberts(Fedex) I have never seen September so slow.Today is the 27th and we have not hit break even money.Truckinmama ,hope you see this post..Think hard..Stay safe..

hotwheels

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I wish I could offer you words of encouragement, I have been with them over a year and freight has slowly dwindled. I run single and have only averaged a load a week for the past month. Talk to headquarters and ask for a mentor, they will be able to give you tips on the freight lanes and who to call when you are in certain areas. Teams seem to be doing better than singles so I hope this helps.

Olko

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
Sounds like you are right on target for Landstar, in 6 months with them our average was about what you are doing. We had a Mentor, and tried everything we were told to try to improve our position on the Agents most favored list short of bribery, which was suggested, nothing helped. Agents are by-passing you, Agents are offering the load they just called you about to other trucks at different rates, with the low bidder getting the load, Agents are giving LEA loads to the sister companies, the Highway Master is showing you 500 miles from where you really are. It will take you 6 months to learn that their system, doesn't work.

Since we left LEA about 3 months ago we have found a company that runs us good, unfortunately we have not been able to recover from the nightmare which is LEA, and leaves us in the same position as a lot of the people we knew from there, reposession and bankruptcy.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just curious,what type of equipment are you running,I have heard that B units don!t do very well with LEA..

MISFIT

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
We drive a "D" unit. We had a good week last week, we got about 1500 miles. Wow! We might make the truck payment this month, maybe.