L-arginine for poor circulation

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
I have very poor leg circulation. Mid calf down is purple on both legs. I started using L-Arginine about a year ago and the dark discoloration has improved to become lighter with some white areas. Look it up on Web MD. 500 mg, 50 count is $4.00 at Walmart. I built myself up over time to taking 2 capsules in the morning and 2 more at dinner.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I have very poor leg circulation. Mid calf down is purple on both legs. I started using L-Arginine about a year ago and the dark discoloration has improved to become lighter with some white areas. Look it up on Web MD. 500 mg, 50 count is $4.00 at Walmart. I built myself up over time to taking 2 capsules in the morning and 2 more at dinner.

Have you consulted a DR on this? It might be a VERY good idea to do so.

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
I see my cardiologist and opthamologist every 6 months and my primary care physician 3 or 4 times a year. Each time I give them a updated version of my meds and supplements. Also do lab work several times a year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I see my cardiologist and opthamologist every 6 months and my primary care physician 3 or 4 times a year. Each time I give them a updated version of my meds and supplements. Also do lab work several times a year.

Good. Not trying to be a pain, just looking out for you.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
GRIN lol. No offense taken. I have a lot of medical issues but still pass the CDL physical. Getting old sucks.

You got that right! I don't know what is going to put me out of business, but IF I have to guess it will be either my hearing or knees. What I NEED to do is get a body transplant. I need a new, younger model to go with my older, wiser, brain! :p

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I need a new, younger model to go with my older, wiser, brain! :p

tumblr_ks6lfuprjA1qzvr49o1_500.png

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not an MD and don't know much about poor leg circulation other than sitting for 12 to 18 hours can't be good. My advice, for what it is worth, add walking to your daily dose of L-Arginine. I believe all drivers can benefit from walking whenever they can. Walking burns calories, increases heart rate, is easy on the joints, improves circulation and probably does a whole bunch of other good stuff! The great thing about walking is you can do it just about anywhere, except in a van or an elevator. It doesn't require any special clothing, just some comfortable shoes. It doesn't even require any special skills or athletic prowess. Even I can do it without falling down. Now if I can just master entering and exiting the rear of my van without scraping my bald head.

I tend to layover at Wallyworlds whenever possible. I've got an app for my phone, Map My Ride, that uses GPS to track my walking route and list mileage. I have found that walking the perimeter of most WalMarts, this includes going all the way behind the store, usually yields at least a ¼ mile. During inclement weather, walk around in the store. For an extra cardiovascular workout, pretend you stuffed a machete down your pants, just to get the floorwalkers to chase you! With my former carrier I got to Des Plaines, Il. frequently. I did a lot of walking in the Woodfield Mall in the southwest corner of I-90 and I-290. Large indoor malls are great for walking. Many have walking clubs that walk the mall before store opening hours. These walkers can give you exact mileage for their inside routes.

I try and walk whenever I can. Park a little further away from the truck stop's front door. Force yourself to walk that few extra feet. If I had more room in my van I would bring my bike.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Abby Normal! Young Frankenstein was a great movie. One of my favorite scenes was with Gene Hackman playing the blind hermit. Too bad movies aren't reel.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I use it myself and found it works pretty good to keep muscle fatigue and cramping in check, especialy when having to break down a 12 skid spot 10,000 lb load onto 26 skids. It is a vasodiolator and it opens your blood vessles and improves circulation. Rite Aid I think its Better quality and has longer and more stable results.
Just a piece of advice, monitor your blood pressure as low quality product can clear your system quickly and cause your B/P to spike. Also be aware of any bleeding.

Mel Brooks, Loyd Bridges, and leslie Neilson are better than the clowns of today.

Bob Wolf

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
My dad takes it for his blood pressure and sugar. Mom, for her blood pressure. Dr Oz has even talked about it a few times.

Marty Feldman was the shiznit! So was Peter Boyle!

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter
Only place in this area I found L-Arginine is Walmart. CVS had an expensive blend I bought and liked but they no longer carry it. I sure hope breaking done skids is beneficial to your wallet. Been years since I did that.