Kitchen ergonomics

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I kind of hate to say this, but I sure feel like we've been relagated to the kitchen. Then I realize it's not such a bad place to be...we can rule the roost here eh? I kind of liked living in a mixed society though. So I'm hoping the fellows won't think that these are "fluffy" topics and will visit occasionally..Hell...we've got the fridge and the beer right? *lol*

And DD's got the ONLY can opener guys so you'd better pay tribute..*LOL*

jujubeans

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Here is Weave's kitchen when at home. About 95% of my EO postings have come from this 15 x 18 foot room in my father's cellar. I refer to my office as the "speakeasy." WE live in a 100 year old historic home is Silver Creek, NY. This is a room any man would be proud of- color TV, endless supply of Canadian beer, PC (2.5 GHz job I built myself), and loads of creepy spiders and silverfish, which keep the women away! Top this, ladies and gentlemen!
-Weave-

vernon946

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
And you a Homer Simpson fan on top of all that! I guess some things were not meant to be topped.

When I followed my father around while growing up, he always headed for the kitchen as that was where the beer or coffee or food was, plus there was a good hard seat and a place to lean your elbows. I still like the kitchens myself.

Vernon

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Last Saturday my Wife and I went to a wedding in Dovers Bluff Ga. The Bride was 60,the gromm was 61. I had a good laugh when the 30 year old Baptist Minister said" Glenda, do you promise to obey your Husband in all spiritual and household matters".She said " I do".I think I want my wife to become a born again Baptist for sure.When I brought this up about her converting,she said "Ok That means I stay home and am no longer your Co Driver so when your income drops by 50-60% you can call Reverend Jack or Pastor Bobby and see if they will make it up".. Nuff said.

Wild Bill

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
I truly feel with a microwave, a lazy boy with the built in fridge (Yes Virginia there is such a thing.) and a big screen TV who needs a kitchen?

Throw in a couch and no need for a bedroom either! lol By the way. Did I mention I live with two other bachelors?

mcbride

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
old historic home is Silver Creek, NY.

wow! Small world...you know where Olean NY is?

-mcbride

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Of course I know where Olean is! I know every back road within a 200 mile radius of where I live, and all their Aunts and Uncles too!
-Weave-