Kentucky

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
Only the winningest program in the country. First to 2,000 wins and first to have 5 first round picks oh and we have 8 national championships

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No offence intended ,, but its basketball.....the true College Winter National Championship was last weekend held at Oklahoma City , Ok....

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Big Al

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Everythings upside down anybody can win. Nobody dominates like the greatest coach ever who was from Indianna, John Woodens UCLA teams. I think during a 13 year period they won 10 championships. Then one of his players Denny Crum went on to be successful @ Louisville for quite a while.When I played they always called me "the hatchet man" I guess it was because I was so smooth?:)

Sent from my SCH-i705 using EO Forums mobile app

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
What makes Kentucky most impressive is that their five starters are all freshman.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
Kentucky Wildcat basketball fans are just that- fanatical. I grew up in Eastern Kentucky listening to sportscaster Cawood Ledford call UK ballgames on AM radio. Cawood was a legendary fixture on the UK sports scene for nearly 40 years. Toward the end of the short video linked below, listen to Tom Leach retell a story of why a pilot flying over Eastern Kentucky at 3 o'clock in the morning radioed the air traffic control tower to ask why so many household lights were turned on in the middle of the night. Had something happened?
video: WildcatWorld.com - Kentucky legend Cawood Ledford - YouTube

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just booked on a 9 stopper UK t-shirt route for the wee hours Monday morning. :)

Do they come with matches and a picture of a couch? Burning the town for a sweet sixteen win is pretty classless.

Sent from my - Fisher Price ABC - 123

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Only the winningest program in the country. First to 2,000 wins and first to have 5 first round picks oh and we have 8 national championships

One and dones are ruing the college game.

aristotle

Veteran Expediter
There was a time when freshmen weren't even in the starting lineup. Upperclassmen still reign in the mid-majors and NCAA Division II teams. Graduation rates for highly ranked basketball and football programs are poor. Vanderbilt being an exception.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
One and dones are ruing the college game.

AAU basketball and espn are what is ruining college basket IMO. Oh And the NCAA but that's a whole different subject. I agree 1 and done sucks because you don't get to know the players in the uniforms and there has been a lot of sloppy basketball with no defense for several years and for that I blame AAU, kids play 5 games a day and just show off offense and don't care if they as long as they look good.

KickStarter6

Veteran Expediter
There was a time when freshmen weren't even in the starting lineup. Upperclassmen still reign in the mid-majors and NCAA Division II teams. Graduation rates for highly ranked basketball and football programs are poor. Vanderbilt being an exception.

Up until like the mid-70's freshmen couldn't even step foot in the court. But remember Michigan had 5 freshmen starters and that was 20+ years ago now. Freshmen starters or 1 and done isn't a new thing but it's becoming a pandemic. I grew in a house that loved basketball and boxing, my father who's now 59 told me many of stories about great players and fighters.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
. . . my father who's now 59 told me many of stories about great players and fighters.
The Greatest is from Kentucky.

muhammad-ali-beats-liston.jpg