Keeping track...

ohiomike08

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
How do you keep track of your loads, miles driven, expenses and what you should be paid vs what you were paid.

Do you us spreadsheets, software you purchased, Ouickbooks or something else.

I'm looking at creating a simple database that will keep track of everything for a single O/O.As a former O/O in a cargo van, signed on with Panther, I kept track of everything on paper, and at times wished I had a better way to keep track of it all.

Thanks for providing feedback in advance!

Mike

Yesteryear

Expert Expediter
I use a load form and a spread sheet. I made my own load form and fill one out for every load. This is a summary somewhat of my load sheet. I make one for every load and keep them in order in my 09 note book. Then I transfer the info to a spread sheet once a month to see how my truck is performing. My actual sheet has an area to break down my 60 split with the owner.

Date
Pro #
Load #

Dispatch board:City State Board Dispatcher

PU Date Time Arrival Time Depart Time Detention
Del Date Time Arrival Time Depart Time Detention

Shipper
Address
City State
Phone

Consignee
Address
City State
Phone

BOL# Seal# Auth# Dock#
Commodity Weight Skids
Government load yes or no
Bill of Lading signed by

FSC $
Loaded Miles
Load Rate $

D.H. to P.U.
Bonus miles

E.M. miles From TO
Hand load/ unload
CVS load amount $
Misc $ Total load pay $

Tolls paid $ Misc items: Oil anti-freeze wiper other $

Fuel: Trk Stop City State Amount
Total expenses $

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Yuper on the above

Quick books

Driver DDL Program which has more than just logs

Excell Spread Sheet.
Ect.

Yupper Yupper Yupper Drove that spike straight in with one wack.

:)

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
For most of it I utilize spreadsheets for tracking the loads. I save info every month so I can pull any month independently. I track fuel and mileage in a separate spreadsheet and of course an expenses spreadsheet for all my spending.

Quicken would be a good program to use to track expenses as you can separate each expense into a catagory and even subs under that. I just haven't bought a new version to use so I've got spreadsheets instead.
Rob

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
How do you keep track of your loads, miles driven, expenses and what you should be paid vs what you were paid.

Do you us spreadsheets, software you purchased, Ouickbooks or something else.

I'm looking at creating a simple database that will keep track of everything for a single O/O.As a former O/O in a cargo van, signed on with Panther, I kept track of everything on paper, and at times wished I had a better way to keep track of it all.

Thanks for providing feedback in advance!

Mike

If your a wiz with excell you can set a spread sheet up do do all the calucations your wanting its easy and you just fill in the blanks on a computer and the thing does it for you.

Very easy just make a master then Change weekely dates.
U got the option to print the the final draft or print a rough then go back at the end of each week and type in the the information and send it to whom needs it in E-mail.