Keeping our brains challenged

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I like to play the games on Luminosity and Bob likes Suduko and Solitaire with both keeping us thinking and using our brain cells.

Does anyone else use Luminosity?

I started using the site in January and try to play every day and have been pretty successful at that goal. I enjoy the challenge of the games and over time seeing how I improve my memory.

Reactions: SimpleTrucker.com

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have been thinking about trying out Luminosity but I usually play puzzle games on my phone. It is really important to keep your brain sharp or you can find you start having issues.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
I always have puzzle games on my phone or word challenge games, like words with friends. Plus I still pick up crossword puzzle books and read as much as possible!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I design new layout boats in my head while driving. NOW, if I only knew how to put those designs to paper and then finally to build one. That keeps my brain working.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I thought reading EO kept our brains challenged!! Some of this stuff is incredible!

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I design new layout boats in my head while driving. NOW, if I only knew how to put those designs to paper and then finally to build one. That keeps my brain working.

Learn how to use "google sketch up"... It's free, easy to learn, and creates great drawings that you can rotate. I've designed van interiors, a fireplace, shop layout etc.

Here's a place that describes it and offers a free download:

http://m.download.cnet.com/SketchUp/3000-6677_4-10257337.html

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My brain keeps me puzzeled does that count?

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC-123.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Reading EO can keep our brains rattled from shaking our head so much at some of the posts...

Your in the early stages of the well know EO Perplexed Brain Syndrome. It begins with simple shakes of the head and escalates to repeated bashing against the nearest wall.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Reading EO can keep our brains rattled from shaking our head so much at some of the posts...

Your in the early stages of the well know EO Perplexed Brain Syndrome. It begins with simple shakes of the head and escalates to repeated bashing against the nearest wall.

Ha! Oh man, that's hilarious...

EO PBS.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
After being worried about my continued decline in brain recall. I have been doing Luminosity for the last few weeks when I can (The free version right now). After the first time, I swear my brain felt like it was tingling. So I knew something was happening. I have noticed an improvement in brain functioning. I feel like my brain is more sharp now and coming out of the fog it has been in.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Learn how to use "google sketch up"... It's free, easy to learn, and creates great drawings that you can rotate. I've designed van interiors, a fireplace, shop layout etc.

Thanks for the tip! I will check it out over the weekend.

LOS and anyone else thinking of downloading Sketch Up....don't use the link I provided earlier, or do so at your own risk. I found out this morning that some users have experienced problems with add-on programs also being installed when downloading from cnet.

Sketchup.com seems like the site that has been developed by google.

Sorry for any problems.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
LOS and anyone else thinking of downloading Sketch Up....don't use the link I provided earlier, or do so at your own risk. I found out this morning that some users have experienced problems with add-on programs also being installed when downloading from cnet.

Sketchup.com seems like the site that has been developed by google.

Sorry for any problems.

Thanks for the heads up. The internet was SO BAD over the weekend I could look at nothing. I will check out the other site.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the heads up. The internet was SO BAD over the weekend I could look at nothing. I will check out the other site.

I'm glad you didn't download from cnet. Looks like google actually sold Sketchup a year or so ago. The other link will lead you to the official site from which you can download the free version for PC or Mac platforms.

I've found sketchup to be a fun way to design things, and in the spirit of this thread, a good way to challenge your mind in productive ways.

Anytime I find something that useful that opens up new ways of seeing and thinking, whether Luminosity or mind puzzles, or design aids like Sketchup, I'm all for it.

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
We allready know what the ultimate brain challenge is..

Decoding the Green Monster. That would be the FMCSA reg book for the civilians and newbees.

Bob Wolf

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been working almost daily on Luminosity since January 1st and am still enjoying it and also seeing how further I can get in the little tests then I could when I started. It is nice to see the results.

Heck the little green book got boring so now I concentrate on the BIG green book and I would suggest to anyone concerned about rules that they purchase the big green book. It is much easier to read with examples given and I find it much easier to find information I am needing.

EASYTRADER

Expert Expediter
I have a luminosity account and in general am in favor of 'brain Training' I bought a speed reading program yars ago from an infomercial and it actually works. I haven't used it in years but it did work.

I haven't actually used my luminosity account, I signed up using a tablett, but then couldn't acces the 'games' from it. Lol

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums mobile app