Just when you think Keith Olbermann is going to make sense...

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
He starts by saying we should be mad about a debt deal that, if a weiner must be declared, it would be the left. So I found it hard to believe he's mad about this, until I read his twisted reasoning. He's so far left, he's actually circles the spectrum and is looking at everything from the back side, so everything looks reversed.

Olbermann on debt deal:
‘You’ve got to get mad!’
Posted on 08.2 .11
By David Edwards
Categories: Featured,
Nation
An outraged Keith Olbermann
Monday urged his viewers to
take to the streets to protest a
recent deal between
Republicans and Democrats to
raise the nation’s debt ceiling.
“We have, in this deal,
declared that we hold these
truths to be self-evident: that
all political incumbents are
created equal, that they are
endowed by their creator with
certain unalienable Rights,
that among these are Re-
nomination, re-election, and
the pursuit of hypocrisy, ”
Olbermann explained.
“We have superceded
Congress to facilitate 750
billion dollars in domestic cuts
including Medicare in order to
end an artificially-induced
political hostage crisis over
debt, originating from the bills
run up by a Republican
president who funneled
billions of taxpayer dollars to
the military-industrial complex
by unfunded, unnecessary,
and unproductive wars,
enabled in doing so by the
very same Republican leaders
who now cry for balanced
budgets – and we have called
it compromise.”
“Where is the outrage to come
from?” he asked. “From you!”
“It will do no good to wait for
the politicians to suddenly
atone for their sins, they are
too busy trying to keep their
jobs to do their jobs. It will do
no good to wait for the media
to remember its origins as the
free press, the watchdog of
democracy envisioned by
Jefferson, they are too busy
trying to get exclusive details
about how exactly the bank
robbers emptied the public’ s
pockets to give a **** about
telling anybody what they
looked like or which way they
went. It will do no good to
wait for the apolitical public to
get a clue, they can’t hear the
clue over all the scandal and
chatter and diversion and
illusion.”
“The betrayal of what this
nation was supposed to be
about did not begin with this
deal and it surely will not end
with this deal,” Olbermann
continued. “There is a tide
pushing back the rights of
each of us and it has been
artificially induced by union
bashing and the sowing of
hatreds and fears and now
this evermore institutionalized
economic battering of the
average American. It will
continue and it will crush us
because those that created it
are organized, and unified,
and hell-bent. And the only
response is to be organized,
and unified and hell-bent in
return.”
“We must find again the
energy and the purpose of the
1960s and the 1970s, and we
must protest this deal and all
the god**** deals to come in
the streets. We must rise,
nonviolently, but insistently.
General strikes, boycotts,
protests, sit-ins , non-
cooperation, takeovers. But
modern versions of that
resistance, facilitated and
amplified by a weapon our
predecessors did not have: the
glory that is instantaneous
communication.”
“First you’ve got to get mad!”
he exclaimed. “I cannot say to
you meet here at this hour or
that one, and we’ll peacefully
break that back of government
that exist merely to get its
functionaries re-elected. But I
can say that the time is
coming for the window for us
to restore the control of our
government to ourselves will
close, and we had **** well
better act before then
because this deal is more than
a tipping point from where the
government goes from
defending the safety net to
gutting it. This is wrong!”

--
If you don't back Ron Paul, you suck as a human being. No exceptions.

RoadKing06

Expert Expediter
We don't appreciate being told we suck as a human being either. Just because we don't support someone who has not a chance in hell of being elected to the presidency!
Thanks for your opinion of us.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It looks like that statement was attached to the post he cut and pasted. If you reply, scroll down. You can't see sig lines, but you can see the Ron Paul thing. Just an oversight on AMonger's part, I'm sure.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If you have a link to the article that would be great. Phones are great for reading the forum and replies but they stink for posting articles. Thanks.

tbubster

Seasoned Expediter
So i just watched a video that this is from.tried to post link wont work.Anyway no where in the video does he say anything about RON PAUL:eek:Never mind the fact that Keith stands for everything that Ron Paul is against.Obama should take some lessons from him though on how to read a telepromter.:DKeith also says alot more then what was posted here.The guy is as crazy as beck,maybe more.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
No, you don't. That's my sig.

Oook... way to make people see your point of view. Right there along side, "If you don't vote for Obama, you're racist!"

If you really want people to take you seriously, get rid of that... and stop copy/pasting from your phone. :p

AMonger

Veteran Expediter
Oook... way to make people see your point of view. Right there along side, "If you don't vote for Obama, you're racist!"

If you really want people to take you seriously, get rid of that... and stop copy/pasting from your phone. :p
I understand your reaction to the strong nature of my sig. However...sometimes, a hard line is justified.

Imagine you're on a ship, and several people want to be the one to steer. And they each give their ideas on how the ship should be steered. They all want to steer to the left. But steering left has only brought you close to the rocks. There they are, not very far away, on the left. Only one guy says he would steer to the right, away from the rocks. A dozen people want to steer the way that will destroy the ship, and sooner rather than later, and only one wants to steer away from the rocks, and the other passengers sound like they want to back the guys that want to steer left.

Are you just slightly in favor of the only guy that wants to steer away from the rocks, or are you quite fervent about it?

Well Ron Paul is the only candidate advocating steering away from the rocks, and every other candidate is advocating positions that will destroy the country. No ifs, ands, or buts.

So I'm a little bit fervent about it. I hope your hurt feelings don't get in the way of saving the country.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
My feelings aren't hurt in the least.

You could be saving the world from aliens. But if you call everyone idiots, no one is going to listen to you. It's human nature to turn people off who are calling you names.

BTW... I'll be doing a write-in for Ron Paul, if the Republican isn't conservative enough for me. You're preaching to the choir here, brother.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
The problem with the sig, and now the justification, is that Ron Paul, while many of his ideas are good, not all of them are, and steering away from the rocks is but one of several thousand tasks he must perform. If it were as simplistic as in the narrative, then it's a no-brainer. But it's not. Steering the ship away from the rocks is a simplistic, one-task operation, but the euphemism of steering the country away from the rocks is that of a far more complex task of general navigation without knowing the waters nor the consequences of each course correction. An equally valid analogy is that Ron Paul would safely steer us away from the rocks, and then immediately drop the isolationist anchor and let us just sit there forever to die of scurvy or be eaten by sharks as we bathe in what looks like safe and secure waters.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ron Paul is ok but not the only good candidate and in some ways probably not the best either. Writing in Ron Paul (or anyone else) to vote FOR Obama is cheating. Just pull the lever for Obama direct. Own your Obama vote.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
BTW... I'll be doing a write-in for Ron Paul, if the Republican isn't conservative enough for me. You're preaching to the choir here, brother.

But we will not have any real conservatives running in the election, all of them are politicians.