Just stopping to say hello!

Christyrose

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Sorry, have not been around much. Not, like I forgot about the forum. Lol,I could never do that. This is a great place to meet nice people and receive a education about expediting. I have not been working since August. I could never understand why my feet swelled or when they would turn blue, but turn pink after a good nights rest. I had what some drivers called Bluetoe or Blackfoot.

Well, in September I had massive surgery. They replaced my femeral artery with a plastic tubing. I am not able to drive anymore. My family doctor and surgeon, both labeled me disabled, because I waited to long to see them. I am still in danger of losing my right leg from the knee down.

Signs of bluetoe starting, swelling of ankles or legs, skin of toes turning blue, wine color red or black, legs falling asleep as you drive, relief if you laydown. A lite rash from the knees to the ankles, Pain in the lower back near the tail bone, that will go away after a nights rest. At one point, it will not matter what you do, the pain will not go away. Unable to walk more then 100 feet before the pain hits you in the lower back, or your legs do not want move any further.

If your curious, talk to your doctor. Let him know or let him see your legs and feet. There is a really simple test called a Doppler study of the lower arteries. The test does not hurt and takes about 20 minutes. Cost around 95.00 to 250.00. It's a lot cheaper then what I am looking now. Medical cost are close to 100K. No, we do not have health insurance either.. Neither one ever thought of being this ill.

I hope this helps someone. Had I had ever known, I would have taken care of me long time ago and maybe not have to be where I am at today. At home, looking out the window, dreaming about the truck!

Weave

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I'm sorry to hear what has happened to you- I hope you can get better and back to driving soon! Your message has me going- I am not physically who I was when I was 18, and have not had health insurance myself since I left the local co. I worked for 5 yrs. ago. Looking into it, I guess the $196 a month quote I got from OOIDA isn't too bad. It does seem like a lot, but under $2500 a year does not sound too bad if a $100k tragedy hit- that would be equal to 40 years of premiums! I hope I don't have to use it, but like your case shows you just never really know.
Get well, hope you can get back in action!
-Weave-