Just Starting Research

biggs1303

New Recruit
Researching
Just starting our research as husband/wife team drivers. We have been driving together for 7 years OTR pulling full 53' dry trailer loads and are thinking of expediting. There are some terms we have run across on this site that we are unfamiliar with; 1. White glove, 2. Straight truck.
I'm sure there will be more questions as we delve deeper.
Thanks,
Mike

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome to the wonderful wacky world of expedite trucking.....

Spend some time browsing thru the Newbie section of the website. There I'm sure you will find lots of answers to many of your questions. If not, feel free to ask. We dont bite (maybe nibble, but dont bite).

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just starting our research as husband/wife team drivers. We have been driving together for 7 years OTR pulling full 53' dry trailer loads and are thinking of expediting. There are some terms we have run across on this site that we are unfamiliar with; 1. White glove, 2. Straight truck.
I'm sure there will be more questions as we delve deeper.
Thanks,
Mike
Just courious, ... what is it about expediting that makes you think about leaving general trucking?

biggs1303

New Recruit
Researching
Lots of things. First of all getting away from truck payments, getting away from run run run and getting away from heavy loads. Then there is the chance of getting into a bigger sleeper. We would like to spend the rest of our time on the road making more money for less miles. I'm sure I could come up with more reasons but that's it in a nutshell.

Reactions: TeamPaul and Ragman

Greg

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Lots of things. First of all getting away from truck payments, getting away from run run run and getting away from heavy loads. Then there is the chance of getting into a bigger sleeper. We would like to spend the rest of our time on the road making more money for less miles. I'm sure I could come up with more reasons but that's it in a nutshell.

Continue your research
Straight trucks are expedite vehicles and if you buy one it can cost much more than a tractor
Many expediters run, run, run. It can be the nature of this industry. Check definition of expedite.
White glove can mean several things= driver load and unload, inside delivery, blanket wrap, etc.