jung express

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
hi everyone it's been awhile since i posted. I was hoping someone out there has experiance with Jung Express? i searched the post and the only real treads are 4 years old or older. they are offering a good deal, so i was wondering if anyone has anything good, bad, or ugly to say

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Welcome back. I don't know anything specific about Jung however if you post details of the "good deal" they are offering perhaps some of the experienced members can comment on the deal itself and how they would view it based on the carriers they are familiar with. I know that isn't quite as helpful as company specific comments but it may at least help determine if it's a good deal or too good to be true.

pjjjjj

Veteran Expediter
During the time I've been a member (5 mos), plus the backreading I've done (which is LOTS!), I don't recall anything negative about Jung.. not saying much, but I guess people tend to complain more than they tend to compliment.

Last edited:

outwardbound 2

Expert Expediter
hi moot & leo

yea it's been awhile since i last looked in. Have my own authority and been running regional for the last year+ with my own customer base and with a local company Action Express as an outside contractor until the bottom fell out this year. (Catapiller and Harley Davidson)

The deal with Jung is as an outside contractor running at $1.85/mile that's counting FS as a fixed 33% of load. Plus I still have my own authority to do other loads. They claim DH of less then 20% with a customer base that goes beyond the automotive industry. Settelments every 2 weeks.(which I'm use to), And the standard 7 day writen notice to end the contract.

That's the deal, also looking for a good national broker or loadboard for straight truck to find backhauls when needed, or to cover the times i get stuck out there. Otherwise I may find myself setting at a truck-stop making up songs to post on here.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
You'll forgive me for hoping you get stuck, occasionally - we could use some new songs. :D

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Buck eighty five wasn't bad for a brokered load when fuel was 3 dollars. You do the math beyond that.

Load boards? Getloaded and Internet Truckstop are probably the most affordable for the average small carrier looking for LTL loads. You just have to hunt down everything and make calls. Some of those brokers haven't figured out yet that diesel has gone up 1.70 in the last 90 days, so negotiating is not for the faint of heart. Just don't believe the lie that "there just isn't any more money in the load." What they're really saying is, "There just isn't any more money in the portion that I'm willing to give up."

buga37

Seasoned Expediter
Jung Express is a bunch of thieves.
worst company i worked for, just stay away from them

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
I'm not one of the "local" experts, but, if ya wanna work, and hear about the fact that a spade is in fact really a spade, then you will prolly be doing a good thing. Seems you know the routine a bunch more than the "experts" a fella referred you to.

prepaid

Expert Expediter
That's the deal, also looking for a good national broker or loadboard for straight truck to find backhauls when needed, or to cover the times i get stuck out there. Otherwise I may find myself setting at a truck-stop making up songs to post on here.[/QUOTE]

If you are looking for loads for your straight truck email me and i will send you my number we get loads all over the united states for around 1.20 to 1.52 a mile email is [email protected]

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
drove for them in 2008. the truck owners were the problem. jung could do nothing about getting back the 4 grand i was owed.

no qc so you call in every 2 hours to update position. every three to the tape machine on the weekend.

wright express fuel card provided. this killed my earnings as one 2 wk period was just grand and the next was a catch up for the fuel and no money coming.

interesting conversation i had with the owner one day when he said that my stretching my hours would help get more loads. seems he leaned one way and spoke another.

currently you need a phone with texting to get the load details.

will you be in the cdl div called glorybound transportationor are you in the u cdl div called jung?

its up to you.