June in Load One land

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well hoping that this month Jesse can out run them little gremlins. They caught her too many times last month. This month is already starting off better I found the part I've been looking for for four days this morning, and it's only a couple of miles from my drop. Have a great month all.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
In Kingman Az, waiting for new plate to be overnighted. Having been cited for plate on front bumper years ago, [because they don't care about the state requirement that it be there], I moved it to the rear, under the light, and it was sheared off by the wind. Does anyone have a simple way to affix it with reinforcement, to prevent the flimsy plate from doing a Frisbee again? Something so simple, I could do it myself? What I wanted was a heavier plate [like a vanity or novelty plate] behind it, but haven't found any that are less flimsy than the state issued ones.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Kingman Az, waiting for new plate to be overnighted. Having been cited for plate on front bumper years ago, [because they don't care about the state requirement that it be there], I moved it to the rear, under the light, and it was sheared off by the wind. Does anyone have a simple way to affix it with reinforcement, to prevent the flimsy plate from doing a Frisbee again? Something so simple, I could do it myself? What I wanted was a heavier plate [like a vanity or novelty plate] behind it, but haven't found any that are less flimsy than the state issued ones.

Most Home Depot or Lowes have small sized sheets of metal, they may have one the size of a plate. Any drilling for mounts most truck stop would for a small price.

Hope everyone has a great day

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Another day....another airplane! Heading back to Detroit. Hope everyone is doing well on first day of roadcheck 2015.

Reactions: ntimevan

divadriver01

Expert Expediter

I used zip ties. Quick and easy. Been on for two years.

Reactions: kg

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I used zip ties. Quick and easy. Been on for two years.

Thanks, Diva, but it's the plate itself that doesn't hold up to the wind shear, looks like. I'm going to try reinforcing it with a couple more behind, until something better appears.
I used zip ties for the wreath on the grill, that held very well, until I was ready to take it off.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flex ties could allow a plate to move keeping the plate itself from shearing off.

divadriver01

Expert Expediter
Thanks, Diva, but it's the plate itself that doesn't hold up to the wind shear, looks like. I'm going to try reinforcing it with a couple more behind, until something better appears.
I used zip ties for the wreath on the grill, that held very well, until I was ready to take it off.

I put the zip ties through the plate holes in all four corners to hold my plate on. I don't have any screws or bolts holding it on...just the zip ties.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I have an idea...oh wait, a hammer is involved, never mind :D

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Last day of road check. Hope everyone is moving decent and staying safe!

Reactions: ntimevan