june 1st

flat

Rookie Expediter
happy June 1st the loads coming in for common carriers / express get them while their HOT. we are here for you to expedite at our expense. Hope I'm wrong and will be able to stay in the business. I'm not WG but did 2 WG loads and they came in at $2+/all mile over 500 miles and tolls on original offer. But with new rate I would have got 1.45 all miles give or take a nickel ??????? this is what I cant understand if the loads are paying this rate to be sent out at $2+ mile to WG trucks then why will surface trucks WG equip be forced to do it at a flat rate because the computer will only know my truck as a flat rate truck, Same for TSA, DOD, RAD AND PSS loads.. and if I read it right and you don't sign on for the flat rate you lose points for loads and wont be entitle to tolls, 1st 50 miles and I cant counter offer NO FORCE OR STRONG HAND HERE haha

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
I heard dod will be business as usual. If that's not the case I imagine most dry boxes will bounce to panther or leam. They both do lots of dod work and pay their trucks for the work.

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Well we are in mass p up a haz mat load to ca next week this load @ flat rate with tolls etc etc it will be $500 less than today great awesome !!!!

aimeejos

Active Expediter
Gonna go buy some fireworks and a bottle of wine to celebrate our first load after June 1st. After all the flat rate change is for the better right? Ugh! Maybe should just use the fireworks to blow up the truck and drink the wine watching it burn...

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's easy, I get paid what I need/want for ANY given load, or it does not go on my truck. Can't get any more simple than that. IF it gets TOO bad, BYE BYE! It's just not worth working more, for less, as expenses, and the regulation burdens, increase.

flat

Rookie Expediter
Im the same way but they think we are just goingTake it at the flat rate and Hope for best. There's that hope & change phase. How's that working. I rather sit at home for a week or 2 and just hit 2 & $ for reason. I have à long list of to do jobs

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
It's all about the paid miles now and how quickly you can get them. My new goal is 13,000 paid miles with 20% or less deadhead in three weeks.
The thing that scares me the most is when I asked how we are supposed to get out of dead freight areas I was told to "Trust Us".

interstategar

Veteran Expediter
Just did my first New Pay (Cut) run . I just made 16% less money. My new pay included money for tolls, all DHPU paid, and a deduction of making a $150 minimum to $101 base pay. The whole time this change has been advertised as the New Pay Plan, but its the same OLD Fedex tricks, where they win...