Jefferson Fast Freight info

gardair

Expert Expediter
Anyone driving for Jefferson Fast Freight? Pros, cons,likes,dislikes....I'm planning to call them soon about their needs for a solo straight truck ....Just doing some info gathering before I call the recruiter...Thanks folks.......

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have a feeling somebody here knows the company well. :)

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I'd love to hear the story. Jefferson3000 once stopped by to say hi when Diane and I were at a fuel stop but not free to talk. There seems to be a company now. I'd love to hear what has developed in the last few years.

Speech! Speech! Speech!

Last edited:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Very shady, he posts on the internet. I would not trust the man. :D

Kidding, Jeff and his company do a great job.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
From the post Jefferson3000 post here as a respected member, id say that you could make alot worst decisions to contract with him...he seems to try to do the best for his contractors...

As a business owner and a regular poster here, he certainly is open to a bunch of "stuff"...but I can't ever remember seeing any of that...

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter
Wow. Thanks guys. You're too kind. Yes, we do try and provide honest, dependable service to our customers and and a good environment for our contractors. Everything doesn't always go perfectly, but we try. Frankly, it was news to me to find out that there were some in this business who never bother to do what was promised. That kind of stinks.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Wow. Thanks guys. You're too kind. Yes, we do try and provide honest, dependable service to our customers and and a good environment for our contractors. Everything doesn't always go perfectly, but we try. Frankly, it was news to me to find out that there were some in this business who never bother to do what was promised. That kind of stinks.

You should see our PM's....LOL...;)

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
In my almost 5yrs in this business, I have only contracted with 2 different carriers. From my standpoint, they were/are both good companies, the difference? The PEOPLE...and how they do business..and that comes from the TOP...when the person at the Top sets a high standard then surrounds him/herselves with like minded people, that makes a difference in all aspect of doing business with them.

If Jeff walked in the room and sat next to me, I wouldn't know him from the next guy...but from all that one sees here, Id be willing to bet that you could build a very good business relationship/friendship at Jefferson Fast Freight...

Last edited:

gardair

Expert Expediter
Thanks everyone for the replies...I didn't get any Jefferson driver responses (maybe that's good,no disgruntled angry driver comments!) but there were several comments from long-time posters and business owners. Each of them seems to be no-nonsense professionals with many good posts and a wealth of info, and not one negative comment or caution about Jefferson Fast Freight. That says a lot to me. Thanks again, I'm going to call them soon.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
so jeff how many trucks are you running now? and congrats on your growth!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Jeff and his wife are good people and they have a beautiful daughter. I even dated her! I took her out to dinner once. There was a bit of an age difference and I'm married. We decided it wouldn't work, but we're still friends.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I believe you share more than a sense of humor. Did the two of you write this together or did you have a third party help? http://hhdexpedited.com/DriverExpectations.pdf

Those are some pretty lenient rules considering the type of drivers carriers have to deal with out here. I had a nice sprinter load for one of my drivers a few days ago and the fool never answered his phone. I had to turn it back in to the broker. That guy was fired on the spot and I have adopted some very strict guidlines for my O/O's. I'll post them one of these days.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those are some pretty lenient rules considering the type of drivers carriers have to deal with out here. I had a nice sprinter load for one of my drivers a few days ago and the fool never answered his phone. I had to turn it back in to the broker. That guy was fired on the spot and I have adopted some very strict guidlines for my O/O's. I'll post them one of these days.

Ok Bliz..am going to pull a Greg on ya....

You fire an employee
You terminate the contract with an O/O....

its kinda embarrassing having to turn a load back eh?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Those are some pretty lenient rules considering the type of drivers carriers have to deal with out here.

From the title: DRIVER EXPECTIONS FOR CONTRACTING.... to the last line: DON'T MAKE THE COMPANY OR YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A FOOL; the whole thing reads like it was composed by a couple of 3rd graders. I won't debate the leniency of the rules but they seem to contain some contradictions. If I checked out this website looking for a carrier, after reading this page I would still be looking. After reading this post, I'm sure the carrier won't be looking to contract with me. Another bridge burned, oh well!

Jefferson3000

Expert Expediter

Sounds like you're gettin' schooled on trucking real fast! This is one reason why I've added really sloooooow. It's your core people, inside the office and out, that set the precedent for others. If I considered everyone who ever filled on an info sheet, we'd have quite a size, especially in the van department. Communicating the vision to the right kinds of people has allowed us to work without all the extra micro management. Our people know that if they follow certain governing principles in service, they don't need to concern themselves with remembering so many rules.