Jeff Jensen and the EO Community

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
It is with great sadness that I share with the EO community that Jeff Jensen has lost his battle with diabetes and passed away yesterday - January 28, 2011.

I had the privilege to read all your posts, emails, private messages and voice mails to Jeff before he passed away. He wanted me to let you know how much each one meant to him and his family. He and his family were also moved by the kind thoughts of being the first member in the Expediter Hall of Fame that will be at the Expo this year in Wilmington, Ohio. He was humbled by your kind and thoughtful words.

I can say with certainly that Jeff was one of a kind and his influence on our industry and people will be felt for many years.

At On Time Media - we feel the loss of our friend, Editor-at-large, Colleague and Expediter, we will miss him! We also extend our sincere thoughts and prayers to his family as they mourn the loss of a husband, father, brother and son.

The works for a Memoriam here on EO are in progress and we hope to have that early next week.

Please follow this link for Jeff's obituary In Memory of Jeffrey Jensen

Attachments

• jeffjensen.jpg
    jeffjensen.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 28

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am glad for the few years I was able to call Jeff a friend. All the best to his family in this tough time.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Words are never enough at a time like this, to express the sadness and loss.
I hope that many will add theirs to the link posted by Lawrence, though, for whatever comfort it will offer Jeff's family in the days and years to come.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
we now have someone looking down on us and watching out for us jeff will be so missed here

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Sad news. Diane and I offer our condolences to everyone who knew Jeff as a friend and/or colleague and now mourn his passing.

I did not know Jeff as a close friend but was and continue to be impressed with the attitude he had toward his own death. I spoke with him about it on two occasions; once at MATS and once at the Expo.

Jeff did not fear death. He knew and accepted the fact that he would not live the long life that most people get to live. It's not that he was resigned to it and gave up. It was more like he was at peace with it in a way that is beyond words to describe.

Jeff did not say this to me but he communicated it with his actions. It's not how long you live but how well.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Jeff Jensen will be missed dearly and our thoughts and prayers go out to his wife and children.

The Expediters Hall of Fame is has already posted things in regards to Jeff Jensen. Go to www.expeditershalloffame.com

Last edited:

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
our prayers go out to jeffs family and we will sadly miss our friend and fellow expediter.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I'd like to think our friends Jeff and John O. are having some really good conversations again as they observe the rest of us. Two great members of our EO community now reunited.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Jeff was one of the most positive people we have ever known. i am still amazed that he turned our last conversation into a laugh fest over things that have happened in the past and him being so positive about our future. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He will be missed by many.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
My family expresses our deepest sympathy to his family and friends. May god bless.