Jack Berry Needs our prayers

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Our Expediter friend and EO forum moderator, Jack Berry, has been stricken with ALS or Lou Gehrig disease.

Gracie is taking care of him at home as they have left life on the road.

This is an excerpt from a message Gracie sent me:

Who would have ever thought my big burly guy with a wisecrack always ready and a booming laugh would ever have to go that route.

If you would like to send them a card of encouragement I have included an address:

Jack & Gracie Berry
P.O. Box 081758
Racine, WI 53408-1758

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
What was the final results of all the tests? Did they confirm ALS?.....the posting just said it was a primary diagnosis....

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Wow!

Our prays to both of them, it is a hard road ahead for them.

I have one rather stupid question - why is this not in the general forum?

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator

Well I debated on this as I knew you would say something if I got it wrong. I decided since it was not about expediting but about a expediter it should go here....

I can see I got it wrong once again. Greg give me your darn number and when I debate with myself these issues I will call YOU! LOL

Dakota

Veteran Expediter

Greg,
If you read the forum descriptions, the loading dock is where this belongs.

The Loading Dock Come on into this forum and relax! The Loading Dock is dedicated to talking about current events, faith, family, joke sharing and just about anything that concerns you! Leave your keys in your truck and take a seat up here on the dock for awhile.

This is about current events, faith and family!!!

Last edited:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just curious...Linda....There are literally 1,000's of diseases that present like ALS in the early stages...that is why a 2nd opinion is HIGHLY recommended....

I read, there are drugs IF caught in early stages that help suppress the onset(delay) of the infliction...but no cure...

All my prayers to Jack and Gracie...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I debated on this as I knew you would say something if I got it wrong. I decided since it was not about expediting but about a expediter it should go here....

I can see I got it wrong once again. Greg give me your darn number and when I debate with myself these issues I will call YOU! LOL

You didn't get it wrong Linda....Greg DID...

GracieB

Seasoned Expediter
Jack and I have had long discussions re: keeping this private or sharing it. Linda (and Bob) have shared some of that with us.
We finally decided to just let all know as it is slowly seeping out thru people we have told.

We have now seen a great number of doctors and Jack was hospitalized for a couple of days last week. His disease is progressing more rapidly then expect; we pray for a respite in its progression, as sometimes happens. In the meantime, we are dealing with what he has the best we can.

We lost a friend and neighbor to this wicked disease 6 years ago, so are well aware of its behavior and progression.

We have been very encouraged by a visit from another ALS patient who lives in our neighborhood. They gave us hope, not for a change in diagnosis nor outcome, but for living now. The visit made a huge difference to us.

We appreciate your prayers and kind words. God's blessings on all.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I am so sorry to learn of this. I always enjoyed sitting down for a meal with the two of you. You will be in my prayers.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I tripped over this thread by accident so I asked a simple question.

Do you all need me to explain why I asked it or can you get that on your own?

Again ... Jack and Gracie, my wife and I have you in our prayers.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
I tripped over this thread by accident so I asked a simple question.

Do you all need me to explain why I asked it or can you get that on your own?

Again ... Jack and Gracie, my wife and I have you in our prayers.

Not sure how you surf EO Greg or anyone else on here, this is how I do it
I click on the New posts and it brings up the most current posts of the day, and when I am on my Droid same thing, the most current posts are the one I see. It's all good Greg no harm done:)

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
This is heartbreaking. I am so sorry for both of you and your family. You will be in our thoughts and prayers.