It's time

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Well I for one am very proud of how things have been going the last few months. The light has gotten so much brighter and I would like to applaud all of the hard work done by everyone in the office to help us get through the tough times.

HOWEVER, it is time to reinstate the higher pay structures. I understand how corporate america works and after having some struggles I can appreciate the need to error to the side of caution. But, when you start to hire people then its time to also look at compensating the ones who stuck with you thru the tough times.

I am not asking for anything that was not told to us when we signed on with E-1. (unless you have less then 9 mos.) I find it hard to believe that ALL of our contracts with companies were renegotiated during the down turn so where is the extra 5-10 cents per mile we used to get? Not to mention the 8 cents for all miles on Canadian runs once offered.

Our expenses have been slowly rising, as an example when I first started I could get my oil changed at wally world for $22 now the min. is $30. I know it doesn't sound like alot but it all starts to add up.

My last point about this is it would also help co-drivers. The liberalness of the DH is very helpful but that only benifits the person who buys the fuel. If the team is not married, where are the little perks for the co-driver? Throw us the extra rate per/mile and it also benifits them.

In closing I would like to again thank all the hard work done but lets get back to where we were just 9 short months ago.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have to agree with Flattop...

With increase in volumes and expansion of office staff..

The re-instatement of the rates we signed on for should be implemented where the load allows for...

After all we were told that when "market conditions" allow the rates would be back....

We've done our part and stuck with you for the long haul...and pleased that Express-1 has been able to keep us as busy as they have....Great work...

Also I see stock as of to-day is at $1.03 per share..

this rate chart revenue is up a whooping 107%!!

http://www.thestreet.com/quote/XPO/details/growth-rates.html

Last edited:

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
i wasn't here in the past but costs do continue to fluctuate wildly. on the way to laredo we could find fuel for 2.349 to 2.199. after leaving we found 2.299 to 2.499 and in indianapolis along 70 the bp unl reg was 2.679:eek::eek:. today in ohio it was 2.559:mad: which was 1 cent more than diesel. all along the diesel was about 2.559 i thought demand drove down prices. guess that does not apply to fuel.

costs of trucks rise. rates stay the same. those penske/ryder trucks on t-paper are looking good for the cost and space. soon the only really new trucks will belong to total newbs.

Last edited:

Steady Eddie

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What!? You don't want to do your part of "Spread your Wealth?" Be great if I could spread my cost back as well....