It's time to say "au roir"

Discussion in 'XPO Logistics' started by flattop40, Oct 21, 2013.

1. flattop40

flattop40 Expert Expediter

Jun 11, 2008
    +172 / 1 / -0
    Load One
    I made it 1 month short of 6 full years with Express-1. It was very enjoyable for the most part but find myself unable to get over the changes that took place this spring. I enjoyed all of the people who work in the office. You will be missed greatly.

I started as a newbie with no experience in an extended cargo van. Brought my daughter out on the road with me and ran as a team. Moved up to a 12' cube van and now have purchased an '07 M-2 Freightliner. With the market flooded with cargo vans, sprinters, and yellow Penske trucks it seemed logical to move up to where the demand is.

I am not leaving the expediting industry just changing companies. I lost my co-driver but may have another one lined up soon. Anyone looking to drive for a caring and responsible fleet owner I have both smaller units available. Looking forward to the new prefix to the number 1 as I have heard great things about this company. Half way through orientation today and so far everything has lived up to the hype.

As I sit here and type this out I can't help but think of all the great people who I had the pleasure of working with. Some are still there and others have gone on to other things.

As a former and present business owner I understand the reasons the changes were made this spring but some things can't be measured on a spread sheet. Not everything is about the bottom line. Not everything is about the share holders. Just needed to get that off my chest.

This change has rejuvenated me. It's a totally different world up here in the straight trucks but I am also sitting here listening to the hum of a refrigerator that has cold drink in it and other food items. An APU that I can power up from inside the sleeper. A microwave, sink, tv, lots of storage, and a full sized mattress that doesn't need to be picked up with every load. But, I also know there a lot more challenges at this level and more responsibilities.

All in all I will miss the old but look forward to the new. Good luck and god speed.