it is election season, and I hate it.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Hate maybe a weak word but I can not think of anything else.

First there is these Affirmative Action commercials. As much as I am for women/minorities to be equal to men with equal pay and seeing the glass ceiling first hand, I think that the commercials are off message, especially the one about the dentist. Beside this, there was a court case where a Michigan citizen, to be exact a Female Michigan citizen tried to get into UM and had to sue over admissions because they would not accept her. See the key word – female. So I don’t know if it should continue in its present form or not. from the UM situation I know that many, including my sister, are left out of opportunities and even where she works the men are still paid a lot more than the women.

The second is the Granholm has brought jobs to Michigan commercial – Three Hundred High Paying Jobs – whoopee. I strongly feel that if this is the best she can claim, she should go back under the rock where she came from. The entire state should be embarrassed by the fact we only have had 300 jobs created under her watch with more than 40K who lost their jobs due to a lack of leadership at the state level. Oh but wait our unemployment rate went down for 7.5 or what ever to below 7 % - big d**n deal. This only means that the people who were on the unemployment rolls are now off and not counted. I also heard mentioned that the GM employees who took the buyout package will be able to collect unemployment and get all the benefits from the state for retraining and such. what a scam.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I heard the other day that Detroit has the lowest percentage of students that complete 4 years and graduate high school. It was 20%.

whitewolf53

Expert Expediter
Queen Jennifer Granholms
New Campaign Slogan:

WE'VE GOT WHAT IT TAKES

TO TAKE WHAT YOU'VE GOT

Mike
Whitewolf 53

HERE LIZARD LIZARD LIZARD
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p
:9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9 :9

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I'm just sick of all the yard signs.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

unorthodoxneon

Expert Expediter
I think the only way to get into U of M is to cry about it get it on the news and your in. Seems like its been this way for a while i've noticed (or atleast thought i remember).

I did laugh about the commercial when she said she fought to get us the 300 jobs. I applause her for this and getting the jobs but in the big picture thats a very small percentage. I just wonder if Devos will be able to help this state any better.

I see michigan as being stuck in a rut that it may have a hard time pulling out of no matter who we put behind the desk

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Randy
I would agree with you but her jobs at any price is somewhat stupid, no make that completly stupid. See her little trip to Japan netted a 'possible' 400 jobs, the jobs in the commercial were job transfers from other UAW locations within the state, no real job creation.

Now her big thing is she publically said that she will not support the increase of minimal wage unless there is a removal of the cap on law suits - this is a result of her support form the trial lawyers here in the state.

As far as I am concern we need a change, anyone would be better at this point. When states like Indiana, Ohio, even Georgia has true job creation and we can take lessons from them. The first is get rid of the SBT and get rid of this ignorant autoworker racist attitude that is prevelent in the state to get people interested in the state.

late for dinner

Expert Expediter
davekc, you said you dont like all the yard signs! My house is on a corner lot so I get more than my share, now I dont mind the lost dog, or the yard sale sign but the political signs are picked up and disposed of as soon as they are seen. I dont care which political party puts them there but I pick up their litter as fast as I can.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
"Litter on a stick"............I like that!

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator