It’s Fibuary !!!

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
BTW, what took so long?
They're busy..... just us retired old farts here today.

pics_rules-of-getting-older.jpg

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, I guess we know who wears the pants in your house.
Tell her I said she should bundle up and carry your catch for you.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Interesting week for me. Went to Michigan and Canada during the polar vortex, or whatever they call it. I heard my poor truck make noises that I didn't hear before. Thursday morning I started it in -13 degrees. It barely started, but it did. I was impressed. I don't believe this truck has ever been in this cold.
I wonder how in the world do those road call people work on those trucks stranded on the side of the road in those temperatures? Any exposed skin for a few minutes in -13 and 30 mph winds can be very dangerous.

After spending a couple of days in negative temperatures, today when it went above 10 it felt like a heatwave.

Now back home for a few days where the temp is almost 50. Talk about temp swings. Glad it is over.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member
Interesting week for me. Went to Michigan and Canada during the polar vortex, or whatever they call it. I heard my poor truck make noises that I didn't hear before. Thursday morning I started it in -13 degrees. It barely started, but it did. I was impressed. I don't believe this truck has ever been in this cold.
I wonder how in the world do those road call people work on those trucks stranded on the side of the road in those temperatures? Any exposed skin for a few minutes in -13 and 30 mph winds can be very dangerous.

After spending a couple of days in negative temperatures, today when it went above 10 it felt like a heatwave.

Now back home for a few days where the temp is almost 50. Talk about temp swings. Glad it is over.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I couldn't help but think of the homeless people and animals out there with nowhere to go. I couldnt even imagine being out there like that. It made me more thankful for the comforts of my van. Here's a link to the Subzero mission that I'm part of back home. One night out on the bus will humble anyone.