Is everybody moving or sitting?

Fuzzy

Expert Expediter
I was just wondering if freight has slowed up or if it's just the area I'm in? I'm in Houston and haven't been getting hardly any offers. We're a straight truck team so I would think we could get something. Just thought I'd ask. Never had a problem getting out of Houston before.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Running at our usual revenue and pace. Nothing out of the ordinary unless you count the 4th of July holiday.

Houston is like any other city. You might get out good a few times in a row and then get stuck. One long sit does not a trend make.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I've had two loads and two dry runs. I went home for the weekend.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
I was just wondering if freight has slowed up or if it's just the area I'm in? I'm in Houston and haven't been getting hardly any offers. We're a straight truck team so I would think we could get something. Just thought I'd ask. Never had a problem getting out of Houston before.

It is July and your in Texas. Hit or miss.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a single load this week... the P punishes drivers when they don't keep their acceptance rate up. 1 day in Louisville and last two in Indy. I'm headed to Chicago tonight on my own dime... seems to never disappoint! I'm sure I'll get some decent offers tomorrow enough to hopefully cover QC fees and make 500 bucks for the week. I'm not sweating at 3am for nothing... watching the express one guy with the new sprinter idle his truck overnight with the ac on. Veterans got all the $ lol

Last edited:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Not a single load this week... the P punishes drivers when they don't keep their acceptance rate up. 1 day in Louisville and last two in Indy. I'm headed to Chicago tonight on my own dime... seems to never disappoint! I'm sure I'll get some decent offers tomorrow enough to hopefully cover QC fees and make 500 bucks for the week. I'm not sweating at 3am for nothing... watching the express one guy with the new sprinter idle his truck overnight with the ac on. Veterans got all the $ lol

At this point with no load offers accepted this week I can only ask where is the house? In this heat maybe good time to go and start over next week..

Hope something comes your way soon.

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well I have a address in CO, but I have been out on the road busting tail for the P since March 3/23. So 4 months on the road. I hear that is normal, maybe its not but I only have 2 more weeks then I'm going to hire my first driver.

PS I'm in my 30's I don't own a home yet. Would like to get one soon.

Thanks Slo-Ride I'm headed to Chicago in a bout a hour when the sun goes down... if I don't get a load there I don't know what to tell you guys.

Last edited:

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not a single load this week... the P punishes drivers when they don't keep their acceptance rate up.
This is true but, why is your acceptance rate so low? Why are you refusing so many loads? Are you on the structured fuel surcharge program?

If you been out 4 months without going home, it would seem to me that you should be cashing in on that Precious Metals Competition.

Good luck in Chicago. It's always been good for me.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
We were running well until we shut down for repairs/family time and training. Even ran a load over the 4th of July.

As to low acceptance rates, our keeps getting lower and lower as the rates get lower and lower. Profitable load offers always equals higher acceptance rates. It really is that simple.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
We've been running good until last couple of weeks but that slow down was us doing truck repairs. All our other drivers are hopping!

)0( Nasmaste )0(

DollarSign

Fleet Owner
Owner/Operator
Same here, been running good as well. I thought the week of the 4th would be slow and I hear it is for most, but I was busy. Now the pay period for the last of the month started on the 16th and so far nothing. Hoping Friday ill get something.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
It has been slowing for me slightly. Still staying busy but hovering around 2600-2800 miles a week. It's been a nice change of pace.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
As for Texas it isn't just expedite, I have too sat down there for longer than any other area.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Been sitting so long here in eastern Kentucky that Ah'm starting to develop the accayent :eek:

Seriously, where IS the freight?

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Been sitting so long here in eastern Kentucky that Ah'm starting to develop the accayent :eek:

Seriously, where IS the freight?

Thats a good Q. Allways looked forward to going to Ky untill this year. This summer has me thinking about it but not turning em down yet I like Ky to much..Thinking it may have something to do with that female accent down there myself..LOL

Seems like ya not getting turned out of Ky like in the past??? It does seem slow to get out or your heading out of state to P-up something.