Intl 4300 do I bags when loading with a forklift?

tjames557

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
Hi All,
I’m having a hard time finding anything on the internet for strait trucks so I was hoping some of you guys might have some knowledge.

We run local same day LTL and we just added a international 4300 class 6 24ft box with air suspension.

This is our first air suspension truck. I customer tell me once that he can’t drive his forklift into the truck without the bags dumped because they broke the suspension on one once doing it.

I asked the dealer we bought it at and he didn’t know.

So my question is, should we dump the bags when we back into a dock where we are going to load or unload with a forklift entering the box? Or is it a rare occurrence/ non issue if we don’t make that an SOP?
Thanks in advance for the help!

-TJ

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
The right way to do it is to install landing gear behind the rear axle and lower it any time you have a forklift drive onto the truck.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Reactions: danthewolf00

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
The same kind of legs(landing gear) used on trailers is what flyingvan is talking about....you can get them powered or manually but most do the powered version for speed.

tjames557

New Recruit
Fleet Owner
The right way to do it is to install landing gear behind the rear axle and lower it any time you have a forklift drive onto the truck.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk
Excellent idea I would have never thought of, thank you. So I’m the meantime so I have the driver dump the bags when loading?