INTERNATIONALS

G

I'M LOOKING AT PURCHASING AN INTERNATIONAL 4700 OR 4900...WITH A DT466E 210 HP..EITHER SPICER 6+1 7 SPEED TRANS OR A FULLER 6 SPEED TRANS, HEAVY REAR END..33GVW...ANY LUCK OUT THERE WITH THIS TRUCK?

G

know some who are running this truck with pretty good luck. One word of advice, do not buy a truck with a Spicer tranny of any kind! They are bad news, lots of problems and down time with Spicer. Go with Fuller Eaton tranny. Good luck.

G

I would stay away from any transmission from Spicer. Seems that many of them fail. This could be from using a high HP motor with a transmission that is'nt designed for HD use. I would pay the extra $ for an eaton/fuller 10 speed.

G

Stay away from Spicer 7 unless you want major trans problems and alot of down time... Spicer trans is junk!!!!!

G

Annie, I have not checked out the price of the 4900 - however we have spec'd put the class 8 9200, the price for the truck has come in considerably lower than the heavy duty Freightliner, and even beat the price of the FL106. Carl Sommer at Wise International Ft Wayne IN has the specs or feel free to email me.

BTW - the truck is speced out for weight, alum where it made sense, C10 Cat due to the lightness of the engine and price, etc. The cost could be cut considerably if you are willing to sacrifice the weight.

G

My International dealer says the spicer they use is not the same as Freightliner.They also have Eaton.
I'm looking at the 10spd overdrive,DT530,300hp,950ftlb.3:36 rear.

G

The international 4900 has the lowest cpm.Just ask fleet mgr of R&L transport of Oh.It also has very good resail if you set it up right when you order it.Big engines always sell better.

G

IAM LOOKING INTO BUYING EITHER AN INTERNATIONAL OR A FRIEGHTLINER LOW PRO I TOW A 36 FT GOOSE NECK I PUT ON A LOTTA MILES BUT I DONT WANNA DEAL WITH THOSE WIEGHT STATIONS I NEED A ANSWER TO ANOTHER QUESTION IF I REGISTER MY RIG AS A MOTOR HOME CAN I GET AWAY FROM THOSE WIEGHT STATIONS AND CAN I GET SOME FEED BACK WHATS THE DIFFRENCE BETWEEN A FRIEGHT LINER OR A SAY A INTERNATIONAL LOW PRO AS WELL WHAT KIND OF POWER PLANT SHOULD I RUN WITH . CUMMINS, CAT OR WHAT HAVE YOU I SEE EATON A GOOD TRANS.... ANY HELP HELPUL THANKS..............

G

Each to his own,but International has 52% of class 7 market.Look at past archives.Int has better wty and leads others when it comes to cost of operation and resale.However it has faults that can be over come like rough ride,inside noise,stearing wheel to belly clearence.Tilt wheel with smaller wheel,sound deadner under floor mat,A good seat like Bostrom or Comfort Ride.Dependability has priorty over looks in my choice of trucks.Buy what you can afford.

G

BIB i do belive you should try to be legal and not ask how to be illegal. Maybe you rephrase your post.

G

If you are caught using the vehicle for business purposes and do not rigster it as such the fines and hassle will be more than any problem you have at a weigh station.

Frosty