Interesting

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I had a coolant leak fixed while I was home. I walked out to the truck yesterday and there was coolant all over the ground. I went under the hood and tightened every hose clamp I could find, that did not stop the leak. It was a steady drip.

SO, since I had a rental car I went over to "All Around Truck and Trailer Service" about 1/2 behind the Pilot in Brooks, KY. They were closed. We called the number on the sign and left a message. As we were leaving the message a car pulled up. It was someone who worked there.

We explained the problem and he jumped in a work truck and went straight over to our truck.

It took him about 15 minutes to fix the problem. He found a hose clamp that was underneath the hose cover that I did not see.

The cost for him to come out and fix it? NOTHING! ZERO!

He said to send him some business.

I don't know how good they are on real repairs but I can tell you that I will give them a try if I need work when I am in the area.

Their phone #502-957-0278

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
That is interesting, LOS. I had a very similar experience in that same exact area of Brooks KY, though with a diesel line that a mechanic elsewhere had failed to tighten. Started spraying diesel all over the place under the hood as I came through Louisville construction and hit bumps.

With me, though, it was Diesel Injection Services (502-361-1181) that went WAY out of their way to help me out, provided a ride to the airport after hours to pick up a rental at no charge, fixed everything back up to snuff at a very modest price, did some other routine maintenance at no charge and just generally made me very glad that if I had to break down, it was within reach of them.

Must be that Brooks Kentucky water, but ya sure can't beat the hospitality and genuine kindness of the folks there.