Ingress

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Is anyone playing this walking game? I am playing on my iPhone.

Just heard about this a couple weeks ago and finally today got out and found two portals. Before I knew it I had walked a mile and a 1/2 before breakfast.

We were parked at a Walmart and I thought why not look to see if anything is near. I was surprised to find right next to the Walmart behind a large row of trees and shrubs a great walking path, baseball diamonds, basketball courts, and a Ingress Portal.

Without this game I would have had no clue I was sitting next to this really nice park.

This explanation came from LifeHacker How Ingress, Google's Real-World Smartphone Game, Got Me Out of My Shell

I’m simplifying (a lot) here, but in the game, most of the action takes place at “portals,” or places of human creativity that draw people together. That’s why you’ll usually find them at museums, sculptures, historic landmarks, parks and public spaces, and other places of interest. The story and in-game lore is a lot of fun, but you don’t have to love it to play. If you are though, it spans several books and comics, and has tons of video background.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Looks like it could be fun, it would give us all something to do while waiting between loads.