info on tri-state

trcknmomma

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I can tell you that my brother just signed on with an E unit about a month ago, and he has already been sitting. Just this week he sat 54 hours, they had a D unit load, but wouldnt let him have it, so he deadheaded home. He was not very happy.

Thumper

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Bluethunder;
We have been with TSE for over 4 years and are fairly pleased with them. I don't think that we sit for near as long as most of the others especially Fed-Ex. We were in Detroit a couple of Fridays ago at Alumi-Bunk and we talked to some F-E drivers and they said that there was 18 trucks in the area and most were probaly stuck there for the weekend, and in the same situation if it were TSE trucks they would most likely have loads out of that area for that many trucks by Saturday night or Sunday morning.
Not all areas move that well for us but there have been several times that we have pulled into a truckstop and have seen several trucks of other expediter companies sitting and before they get out we have a load and are moving. Of course we are a team and that usally keeps us busier than if a truck is operated by a single, but I think that is typical for about all of the companies.
I will say though that the last few weeks have been alot,(repeat ALOT), slower than it has in the past few years. I don't know if that is the way it is for everybody but from what i've been reading it appears so.
How long you set wating for loads with TSE depends upon the driver who has to decide how long he/she wants to sit in one place and also in learning the strong areas and the slow ones.
Hope this helps to answer your question. Thumper...

bret

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have'nt ran for Tri-State, but what would concern me, is that when GM catches a cold, Tri-State sneezes. (They have all their eggs in one basket). Other than that, they are a typical big expediting company like FedEx and Panther.

Fkatz

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
I have heard rumors that the reason they are putting on E-Units is that they are going to be bought out by Fex-Ex, thats only a rumor.
and Panther by Convenet Transportation also a rumor

Driverone

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Like all carriers, they do have some waiting for loads. A lot depends upon the area you're in at the time. The loads you do get are largely GM loads with most paying a low $1.00 per mile.
With current fuel prices and some DH miles, you can easily end up working for little profit.