Info needed

Bluesguy

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
I am looking to getting into expediting with a cargo van. I call some recruiters today. One says a fixed rate plus fsc - is this the norm? The others says percentages -these percentages aren't even close. They are 20% different than each other. One was 58% and I'm paying for fuel?
Insurance - I've heard insurance is around $500 a month. Recruiter says $150 a month.
What is real story?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I am looking to getting into expediting with a cargo van. I call some recruiters today. One says a fixed rate plus fsc - is this the norm? The others says percentages -these percentages aren't even close. They are 20% different than each other. One was 58% and I'm paying for fuel?
Insurance - I've heard insurance is around $500 a month. Recruiter says $150 a month.
What is real story?
Read, read, read - then run!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The one that told you .58 from what I've seen doesn't stick to it, not sure why they even say it. Seems like those who do the best there negotiate each load. .70 is probably the normal percentage deal. Flat rates vary by carrier but do they pay deadhead, etc all makes a difference. Insurance is normally cheaper to get via carrier than independently. $150.00 is probably about right through the carrier.

Reactions: Grizzly and Turtle

Hummer53

Veteran Expediter
Driver
What is real story?
Read, read, read - then run!

Sent from my XT1635-01 using EO Forums mobile app
Yikes... that doesn't sound very positive. You seem to do okay with your magical leprechaun.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What is real story?
I'm confused. Maybe even more so than the OP. Bluesguy, do you own a van and are looking for a carrier or do you want to drive for an owner?

Bluesguy

New Recruit
Owner/Operator
What is real story?
I'm confused. Maybe even more so than the OP. Bluesguy, do you own a van and are looking for a carrier or do you want to drive for an owner?
I own the van looking for a carrier.

Reactions: Moot