Info about Landstar

G

Any info will be aprec. I live In WV. I contacted Landstar via
E-. I told them my location and asked if I was in a good location for there Co. They e-d me back and replied "sure". Can any drivers
associated w/Landster give me any insight to whether or not I can do well out of my area with a B unit. Any and all replies will be aprec. Thanks.

G

I personally dont think you will have much luck getting out that area.But its only my opinion!I have talked to drivers in that area and they tell me they have to deadhead out.I have been in that area several times with out a load out.I live in peoria and deadhead to Omaha, or Niles Mi.Only got 2 loads out of my area in the last 1-1/2 years and that was from BNA and CLT.To prove my point i will go and sit there to make a point.

G

I can't say for a B unit but I go through the area a lot in my D unit. I would contact our Cinncinnati office and see what they say. Their number is 1-800-752-2411. I know a D unit driver based near Nitro and gets out with them quite a bit.

G

I agree that a straight truck will have better oportunity of getting out of your area, over a "B" unit.Dispatch should tell you avg number of loads in that area.Just last week I talked to a van driver that unloaded in your area and deadheaded to Kings Mtn.And got load going back up.

G

I go along with Wild Bill on CVG.Also try Baltimore,Philadelphia,and Harrisburg,Detroit.Best bet is to find a "B" driver in that area.Recruiting should be able to tell you.Good luck And safe week.

G

I can't tell you about LEA, but I did a recap of my activity in 1998 and 1999. I drive a D unit based in Detroit, single about 95% of the time and team 5%. The top 7 states made up 75% - 85% of my pickups and deliveries.
1998 pickups: MI 37.1%, OH 20.2%, IN 7.3%, IL 6.7%, WI 5.1%, NY 4.5%, KY 3.4%
1998 deliveries: MI 33.1%, OH 17.4%, IL 9.6%, IN 6.7%, NY 5.6%, WI 3.9%, KY 3.4%
1999 pickups: MI 31.0%, OH 20.0%, IN 10.5%, IL 7.0%, WI 6.0%, NY 4.5%, PA 3.5%
1999 deliveries: MI 28.0%, OH 15.5%, IN 11.0%, NY 5.5%, WI 4.5%, IL 4.0%, KY 3.5%

I had only 2 pickups in WV and 1 delivery in 1 1/2 years.

G

it does't matter were u live unless u want to stay at home and watch "the game" while waiting for the phone to ring. we are a team and live in fl. which is a horrable place for loads but we just get in our D unit and d/h to atlanta. sure we d/h more than some but we make a real good living inspite of where we live. if u are a team plan on working 21 on 7 off and it won't matter. if u aren't a team u may want to reconsider.