indy thomson rd flying j

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Watch your vans very carefully. My van was broken into i think while i was getting a shower friday,i didnt find anything missing till i got home and found the laptop gone.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
That stinks how did they get in? The place does have a seedy crowd in the parking lot.

sent from my Fisher Price - ABC123

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
One thing I always do is whenever I leave the van unattended for more than a few minutes, like to go in and take a shower, the windows are always covered up. That way someone doesn't see everything in there, and they don't know if anyone is in there or not. That's the theory, anyway.

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
Thats the kicker everything was off the dash and back in the cargo area....oh and they popped the lock out of the door

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Watch your vans very carefully. My van was broken into i think while i was getting a shower friday,i didnt find anything missing till i got home and found the laptop gone.

Wow sorry to hear that Dan :( Being parked right next to you, definitely going to put my guard up more.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That sucks. Too bad someone armed wasn't in a position to witness it.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

That's got me feeling pretty bad now and trying to remember anything unusual, although not armed, I was sitting in my driver seat most of Friday right next to him and I didn't see anything :(

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Never intended to make anyone feel bad, just an observation. Besides, if they went in through the opposite side you'd never see anything unless they got in front next to a window.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

cowards that thieves usually are....a loaded baseball bat and not afraid to swing it would probably have done..

probably a junkie....a real thief wouldn't bother for a used LP...the real value is the stored passwords on it?..like a lot probably do...then it could come down to ID theft...

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never intended to make anyone feel bad, just an observation. Besides, if they went in through the opposite side you'd never see anything unless they got in front next to a window.

No, you didn't make me feel bad, I just do. Hate to see that happen to anyone.