Incorprate or not

G

Anybody let me know the pros or cons of incorporating as an O/O Expediter?

G

go to www.corporate.com and it will answer all your questions. i used it and am damn glad i did. i am a chapter "s" corporation and it works great! get a good accountant! good luck!

G

This is a difficult business issue. My first question for you would be what size of unit are you operating and most importantly are you a fleet owner? If your concern is with liabilty remember this, if you are operating a corporate vehicle and it's involved in an accident, there is little limited liability protection. Since you are the oprerator. However, there is generally good protection if it is sub-contrator driver.
The tax advatages are somewhat different too. I'm sure some of the other Expediters will answer some of those questions too. Thanks everyone for your participation! Please feel free to contact us with any issue or concern you have.

Take care,
Lawrence McCord
Expediters Online

G

You may won't to check into becoming a LLC it is alot less taxes and it still covers your butt. but that is just another idea or something you may won't to think about.

G

I have been a S Corp for 12 years and there aRE MANY TAX ADVANTAGES THAT outweigh the additional fees you will pay to the state and county you live in.