In truck scanning

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Does anyone else have trouble with scanning carbon copies? Even with darkening the copy, the carbon still comes out way too light most times

Dreammaker

Seasoned Expediter
Now that's cool. Once you register, you can do intruck scanning just like we used to do.

Thanks Scuba

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
I downloaded and tried it yesterday since we're stuck at a Flying J. Seemed to work fine. I checked paperwork this afternoon and it has been received by Panther. :)

SJMagic

Seasoned Expediter
The transflo program tends to scan things too lite for me, I just e-mail mine in, anyone know if there is a mode to darken the scans in the transflo program?

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Anyone have any problems with the Transflo software under Vista?

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
Turtle, I am running Vista with the Transflo program and so far no problems that I've found.
I will probably still use the truckstop scanning most of the time, it's just easier to me, but I like the fact that I now have the option if we aren't near a truck stop that has scanning.
As far as emailing it in, I've not had good luck doing that. It seems the paperwork/email always gets lost in cyberspace.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use an HP Photosmart c5180 all-in-one printer/scanner/copier. Prints great color photos, not that I have a need for that very much, but once in a while. The copier functions come in handy every now and then, though.

It's the same size as my microwave, so it sits on top of that (held in place with Industrial Strength Velcro).

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Thanks for the reply Turtle but thats a little bigger then I'm looking for. One that I've seen is just a scanner and it's about 12 inches long and it's round (tube shape) about the size of a quarter. which when not using, I figure it could just sit up on the dashboard. The main problem is that the cheapest one I've seen is about 300 bucks.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, the NeatReceipts thingy is pretty kewl, but for that price I'd rather also have a printer included. If space it at a premium, and you don't want or need a printer or otherwise an all-in-one, then the NeatReceipts is the way to go.

I use my printer all the time, though. The cover sheet for Transflo and Trip-Pack scanning is one that I fill out on the computer and then print it out as I need it, instead of carrying around a bunch of blank copies. Same with the ViaSafe cover sheet and even the PARS cover sheet, it's filled out in the computer (which makes it easier for others to read versus my handwriting) and then print it out as I need it. There have been a few times when I only have a single copy of something and the consignee needs a copy of it, too, and it's quicker and easier for me to step up into the van and make a copy than it is for them to trek the half a mile across the warehouse and upstairs to the office where the copier is located.

pelicn

Veteran Expediter
We have the Neat Receipts scanner, and it worked great until.....VISTA :mad: Now I see from the website that they are coming out with another upgrade (which of course costs)
We now use a Canon flatbed scanner, and an HP Deskjet Printer. Doesn't take up much room.

Fr8 Shaker

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, the NeatReceipts thingy is pretty kewl, but for that price I'd rather also have a printer included. If space it at a premium, and you don't want or need a printer or otherwise an all-in-one, then the NeatReceipts is the way to go.

I use my printer all the time, though. The cover sheet for Transflo and Trip-Pack scanning is one that I fill out on the computer and then print it out as I need it, instead of carrying around a bunch of blank copies. Same with the ViaSafe cover sheet and even the PARS cover sheet, it's filled out in the computer (which makes it easier for others to read versus my handwriting) and then print it out as I need it. There have been a few times when I only have a single copy of something and the consignee needs a copy of it, too, and it's quicker and easier for me to step up into the van and make a copy than it is for them to trek the half a mile across the warehouse and upstairs to the office where the copier is located.

If you want to save a little on paper and ink, as far as the trans flow cover sheet, I now only use 1 and all I put on it is my truck #. not even the date and I haven't had a problem yet.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Really? Well, that's pretty kewl. I've been using one per load, since multiple loads on one cover sheet seem to never get sorted out properly. I'll have to try the deal with truck# only and see how it goes. Thanks.

SJMagic

Seasoned Expediter
I use a Canon Canoscan series, small enough that it fits inside a laptop case, works great for me, if you use Vista you have to find a driver for it, but I use it all the time and very rarely have to rescan something

Tempest

Seasoned Expediter
Turtle, how do you add info to the scansheet and get it to print correctly? do you have a template or something similar? I like this idea very much and would love to know how you are doing it

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Turtle, how do you add info to the scansheet and get it to print correctly? do you have a template or something similar? I like this idea very much and would love to know how you are doing it

Yeah, I've edited (or created from scratch) the PDF files with Adobe Acrobat and Designer so you can fill out the various fields on the computer, then print it out. I have one for the PARS cover sheet, Pro paperwork (transflo), ViaSafe, as well as the Quarterly Maintenance Report. You can fill out the fields that are the same for every time, like your name, truck#, etc., then do a save-as to save your customized master. Then use that form each time in the future. Fill it out, print it, then when you close it and it asks if you want to save it, say no.

The quarterly maintenenace report, I just fill that out as I do maintenance and repairs during the quarter, then at the end of the quarter I simply e-mail it into Andrea in Safety, since she's the one in charge of those things.

I have a blank master copy of each form, and then a customized master that I use each time I need one, and I also save a separate completed copy of the quarterly reports saved.

They're actually kinda kewl, ifIdosaysomyself, with calendar date drop-downs and stuff. But they can easily be edited again in Adobe Designer. The quarterly maintenance form even has a promt for you to create, and thus use, an electronic signature instead of having to print it out and either mail or scan it.

Here's all 4 forms in a 1.64MB Zip. Unzip the files to customize, and leave the zipped files alone as the masters backup. :)

[url=http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b7f19bb7f9f90a27ab1eab3e9fa335ca0faf15d98d3b9256]Panther Forms[/URL]

If you have any problems with these, what can I say, you get what you pay for. :D

Seriously, any problems, let me know. All you need to fill these out is Acrobat Reader. Don't need the full Adobe Acrobat with Live Cycle Designer unless you want to edit them.

Last edited: