In-truck Laptop Computer Stand

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Diane and I happened upon this vendor, RAM Mount, at the Louisville truck show. While they don't make an in-truck laptop computer stand specifically for our truck (Volvo VNL) or seats (National Comfort with swivel feature), they seem to have enough components to cobble something together. Before I go further down that path, I'd like to hear from others about what is working for them.

We seek a computer laptop stand that:

(1) mounts securely to the floor or seat base without the need to drill new holes,

(2) can be loosened at the joints and stored entirely behind the passenger seat when the computer is not in use (or driver's seat if the base is mounted there),

(3) mounts in a way that preserves 100% of the open space between the driver and passenger seats,

(4) does not interfere in any way with the seat's forward/rearward, up/down and swivel functions,

(5) does not rattle at all, and jiggles very little when the stand is deployed and the truck is cruising down the freeway and hitting the occasional bridge deck at highway speeds (remember, Volvos run smoother than many other trucks, nothing rattles in the truck now except loose change and ink pens in a coffee cup that we keep in the cup holder),

(6) can be used by passenger or driver (for GPS navigation) when the truck is in motion or sitting still,

(7) can be used when the passenger seat is either facing forward or swiveled in toward the center, and

(8) is a high-quality product that will hold up for several years in the heavy-use and heavy-duty over-the-road truck-cab environment.

Having seen and held RAM Mount products in my hands, I'm satisifed that they will hold up in a truck. The manufacturer's lifetime warranty is reassuring too.

I'm pretty much sold on RAM Mount but before writing the check, I'd like to know what else is out there THAT WORKS.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well, you've got www.jottodesk.com and another I can't think of. The mystery one is at Louisville and Dallas each year though. Theirs is interesting because it has cooling fans built in that flow air around the bottom of the laptop. Maybe I'll remember it by expo time.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's the one I couldn't remember! One potential advantage it has is fans built in that circulate air around the bottom of the laptop.

Leo Bricker, 73's K5LDB, OOIDA 677319
Owner, Panther trucks 5507, 5508, 5509
Highway Watch Participant, Truckerbuddy
EO Forum Moderator
----------
Support the entire Constitution, not just the parts you like.