In other news - Pilot Truck Stop Coffee

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
As I left the Expediter Workshops in Knoxville this past week and started to head north on I-75, I decided I needed a quick cup of java for a pick me up. I pulled into Pilot and headed to their coffee bar and poured a small cup of their medium blend.

The flavor was okay to average - that didn't prepare me for the jolt of energy that would allow me to get safely and wide-eyed back to the office. LOL! WOW! I am a regular coffee drinker - I'm not a noob by any stretch, but that was a powerful cup of brew.

Wishing I had some right now. :cool:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why don't you put an expresso machine in the office. You can add a double shot to your regular cup of coffee. I might get my expresso machine out of the garage and start making iced coffee again.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
As I left the Expediter Workshops in Knoxville this past week and started to head north on I-75, I decided I needed a quick cup of java for a pick me up. I pulled into Pilot and headed to their coffee bar and poured a small cup of their medium blend.

The flavor was okay to average - that didn't prepare me for the jolt of energy that would allow me to get safely and wide-eyed back to the office. LOL! WOW! I am a regular coffee drinker - I'm not a noob by any stretch, but that was a powerful cup of brew.

It's Kopi Luwak coffee. That civet poop is a real pick me up! ;)

Monty

Expert Expediter
Pilot, and now FlyingJ, have always had the best coffee on the interstate, they even say so on their tanker trucks! ;)

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Speaking of Pilot coffee, did anyone notice the rewards is doubling next month, from the 5th cup free to the 10th....:thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had already figured the card wasn't worth pulling from my wallet. I have the Pilot/Flying J "Preferred Customer" card, and truth to tell that card is nearly worthless. I would say that to the CEO's face, too.

But, the coffee is good.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I had already figured the card wasn't worth pulling from my wallet. I have the Pilot/Flying J "Preferred Customer" card, and truth to tell that card is nearly worthless. I would say that to the CEO's face, too.

But, the coffee is good.

You have the wrong card.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You have the wrong card.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

I kind of figured that. This is the card the Lake Station, Indiana Flying J offered me though. Upon finding that I don't buy diesel, they wouldn't even consider the Professional card, and the RV card didn't seem to be right either. So, I got this card which is useful for scraping frost and maybe a free cup of coffee once in a while.

jrcase

Seasoned Expediter

Was that the Pilot on 75N exit 117 Raccoon Valley?

cubansammich

Not a Member
Speaking of Pilot coffee, did anyone notice the rewards is doubling next month, from the 5th cup free to the 10th....:thumbdown:

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Someone has to pay for Mr. Haslam's purchase of the Cleveland Browns. Looks like it's going to be us.