I'm not whinning but........

G

I've been having some serious back aches. To the point of not being able to get out of the truck till the pain subsides. It's getting so bad I've been thinking about getting out of trucking. And like many in this rackett....medical ins. is a luxury we left when we left the 9 to 5 rackett. 10-4?

Any suggestions besides more advil? Mucho Grande!

THE X

G

you should go see a chiropractors, i had a problem and
saw one , and he point out a couple of things and
problem is gone and he show me how to take care of it.
also may not be able to due any thing. also have to
watch diet to

G

Two things that I know can contribute to back aches are carrying your wallet in your back pocket (the bulge can throw are spines out of plumb and put strains on our muscles) and having little excercise on our abs (a big belly will put strain on our back muscles). Both can give great pain at times.

Good luck with finding your solution

G

I have had similar problems, on one occasion I had such serious back muscle spasms that I had to go to a hospital where they gave me a shot of Demerol to relax the muscles in my back. My suggestion is to bite the bullet and go to a doctor and get a definative diagnosis of your problem. Then at least you will know what you problem really is. Once you know what it is, then you can get treatment that will correct the problem. As it is now, you are in the dark, get some help soon. It doesn't have to hurt to be in this business. Jim Bunting..

G

I know this is hard to get men to use, but try some PMS pain medicine, like Midol or Pamprin. My husband gets his backaches when he sits for too long, and when he carries that wallet in the pocket, two of the pills seems to help take the edge off.

hope it helps, feel better

G

You should definately see a Dr, it could be something simple like a pulled muscle, or it could be arthritis or a slipped disk. Don't mess around with it! My husband's had 2 surgeries and he's still in pain.
As far as medical insurance, try looking into your local Chamber of Commerce. They offer medical insurance to it's members. Or, if the pain gets too bad, go to an emergency room. Many hospitals have a program called the Hill-Burton Act. The hospital has to provide a certain amount of free care to eligible people depending on how much government aid they(the hospital) received.

G

I have the same problem too. I You may want to consider getting a new seat for the truck, All dealers sell them. the more expensive seats are much for comfortable and most aftermarket seats have lumbar supports. (Besides the cost of the seats will decrease the size of your wallet so that may help too! Ha ha)

You can get afforable insurance through the Owner Operators Indpendant Operators Association. (No you don't need to be an o/o to get it) Their website is www.ooida.com

G

I had some real serious backaches a year or so ago. I was driving an automobile about 200 miles a day and lifting heavy sales display cases out of the back of a club cab truck. Doctor thought I had a ruptured disc. Sent me to physical thearpy. Those PT folks are great. Gave me instant relief. Treatments cost about 75 dollars a visit and worth every penny. Doctor wanted me to go see a surgeon. Don't to that until to explore every other option. Surgery on your back is the last absolute choice of options. PT's told me that 1/3 of those going to knife are worse after surgery; 1/3 no improvement; and about 1/3 or less marginal improvement.

Bottom line. I kept working with the PT folks and got back to normal use of my back.

The ultasound is the trick that finally paid off for me. Plus losing some weight and doing those back exercises.

G

You'd have to have money in your wallet for that to hurt you!

G

Try walking more frequently,Helps me a lot,I bet you drive a FL 70.
We live in Florida and have a HMO Plan that costs $360 per month for the 2 of us,Hospital costs are zero,Dr!s fee is $15.00,tests are zero,and pperscriptions are ususally $14.00 or less at Walgreens. Outfit is called Foundation Health.My wife gets back pains ocasionally and vists a chiropractor when we get home and it helps her a lot.Also wath your WEIGHT my friend,seems like you posted a message about frequent meals..LOL

G

I would try a chiropracter first. They normally due a spinal x-ray that should show if the problem is something he can help with. I know a lot people don't like chiropracters; however, I recieved help this way and it did not cost a fortune.

G

put an airride seat in your van,my lower back was bothering me till i got good seat.comfort-ride i think is best. about $1300 but well worth it.

G

Cruise Control will help with many back problems. The constant pressure required for your right leg/foot to maintain acceleration will cause anyones back muscles to go wacky. Proper body alignment is essential for good back health.

G

Back pain here also. Cruise may help but I put on an aftermaket
cruise control when I bought my van. It helps tremendously but
does the back no good what so ever. Ive thought of a newer
type aftermarket seat, have to do something. The initial advise
to me was get out and walk more, do some situps to strenghten
your back muscles. The person that told me this did so upon
getting advise and said it took care of the problem. There was
an earlier post about an inflatiable device, it may have been
on jroman.com. Good Luck

G

If you just started driving,the pain will eventually go away except for neck pain. If you are a veteran, try ALEVE for your pain............Pegleg