I'm not recruiting!! I'm curious...

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
Why do you let your IT guy go out to vegas?

If you are familiar with the Sylectus system and know the players involved I sent Rob Bonello who is a recent former employee of Sylectus.

He worked in the transportation field at the old ASAP Expedite and Logistics as operations manager for 6yrs before going to the old GPS411 now Sylectus for 6 years. I took advantage of hiring Rob recently after he had decided to come back to the "dark side".

So he is extremely knowledgeable in operations,IT,basically all aspects of our field. He is a huge asset to my organization.

And who better to send to the Sylectus event then Rob Bonello.
He has many relationships with carriers,customers and O/O's.

He's very well respected. And it's a privelege to have him here. I also sent my safety and admin managers too. I'm a huge believer in cross training, and continued education.

JOHNCLARK

Expert Expediter
OH JOHN you did it again.

Why not give a laptop and a days lesson with a cute secretary and give the operator $100 cash for the days' expenses?

I cannot imagine someone in this business w/o a laptop to pay bills and keep up with his or her business. I mean it's a must that a successful Expediter has to read this forum daily just to make it, my Good grief and grits gotta have it.:cool:

Some things I do forget to mention, like paid orientation, plus lunch,coffee,bagels,donuts,etc. A IPad is like a laptop I think it's better, and a $1000 is better than the $100. And the cute secretary, well that's my perk!!

jjtrucker37

Seasoned Expediter
Keep your eye on that thief! Rob Bonello will **** you over like he did Stu @ Sylectus. He has no heart and only watches out for himself. Consider yourself warned!

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
He's very well respected. And it's a privelege to have him here. I also sent my safety and admin managers too. I'm a huge believer in cross training, and continued
education.

I spoke with him yesterday about something we have in common with your company. He seems like a good guy.

DieselDriver

Seasoned Expediter
I'm a little confused, are you saying you will pay an $1800 bonus on top of wages after 18 days...or the $1800 is the wages for 18 days...which does not sound very good. I'm hoping it is the hour of the day and I'm just not reading the post correctly because I just bought a straight truck and was going to call your company in the morning to see about signing on.

dad4evr1

Seasoned Expediter
John, I've tried twice this morning to PM you but I can't tell if it went through or not...let me know please

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
John, I've tried twice this morning to PM you but I can't tell if it went through or not...let me know please

One of the only problems with PM, is no notification that it was sent.
I'm sure John got your PM.
Give him some time to respond.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
A personal or private message (PM) is sent within EO. IT is instant and resides within the database and you have to be on EO to read and respond to it. IT differs from an email by the fact that emails are sent outside the system, read with any and many email readers and you respond to it using those email readers. Emails do not sit in EOs database.

The one thing I find amusing while annoying (pet peeve) is seeing "I sent you a PM" in a post with no other info. IT is like the person you are sending it to doesn't see the entire EO page.