I'm new

petie1957

Seasoned Expediter
Hello everybody, I am new to this forum. Can somebody tell me what life is like driving an expedited van? I live south of St. Louis and am having trouble finding a fleet owner willing to hire me.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
petie1957 I would suggest that you read back through the forums about vans and their income.

Have you called any of the companies and talked to recruiters to see if any van owners are looking for a driver?

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Petie: I'm having trouble figuring out which part you're having trouble with: finding the owners, or getting them to take you on.
Linder is correct, calling the carriers is a good start, [also checking the classified ads here on EO], but if you have found some already, and they aren't offering you a position, how come? :confused:
Some issues may be fixable, but some are not, is why I ask.

petie1957

Seasoned Expediter
I haven't recently but did last year. Perhaps I need to try again. I know it is a slow time of the year right now but I am patient. I have two jobs but not happy with them. I want to get back out on the road so I am happy and my finances are better. I rode with ex-husband in tractor trailer and teamed with him in a straight truck for 9 months before divorce. I have been watching this site for driving job but the couple fleet owners that responded to my email told me I live too far from them. I am pressed for time on the computer, I have to go to the library, and have just signed up for the forum. So I will try to look back at other van drivers experiences. I was wanting to know how you cool and heat yourself. The space is very limited I know but how enjoyable or negative it is for the driver. Thank you