I'm Baaaacck

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Hello Drivers, I've been off the road for several years but always miss it. I last drove a CV, solo O/O.
I lurk on the boards a lot to share your fun and your misery and thought it was time to make a comment or two. Perhaps I can offer a little advice, especially what NOT to do since I learned a lot of that the hard way, and if not, I'll still enjoy "riding" along with you as you do that traveling that I now miss so much. Old age is no fun.

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Hello Drivers, I've been off the road for several years but always miss it. I last drove a CV, solo O/O.
I lurk on the boards a lot to share your fun and your misery and thought it was time to make a comment or two. Perhaps I can offer a little advice, especially what NOT to do since I learned a lot of that the hard way, and if not, I'll still enjoy "riding" along with you as you do that traveling that I now miss so much. Old age is no fun.

Ya, being an old fart is not for sissys.

Reactions: davekc

Noname

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Welcome back. Who did you run for...back in the day? :pompus: :bucktooth:
While training with Swift I met a couple of Roberts Express units, learned that this expediting thing sounded more like me, so drove a straight truck with Tri-State, then got my own van with them. That was when they were the go-to
company for GM. Watched Roberts get bought out, saw Panther grow strong, had a couple of drivers for a while, eventually drove with multiple companies at the same time until retired. Saw all 48 states and Canada, over a million miles, don't regret any of it.

Reactions: Ftransit