Illegal immigrants have no right to free health care: Court

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Still on the illegal issue...no sympathy from Canada...

An illegal immigrant has no right to free medical intervention or ongoing health care under the Charter of Rights, the Federal Court of Appeal has ruled in a precedent-setting decision.

Illegal immigrants have no right to free health care: Court | News | National Post

No such thing as anchor babies in Canada...

Franclia Pierre and her two young children are counting their days in Canada.

The Saint Vincent island mom sits with her two kids inside the Toronto Immigration Detention Centre, pondering their future as she gets ready for deportation on Saturday.
"I am worried about my kids," Pierre said on Thursday in the cafeteria of the centre. "What are we going to do when we get back there?”
Pierre, 22, arrived in Canada about three years ago from the Caribbean island and didn't return home.
"The children's father didn't have correct immigration papers either," she said as she fed 19-month-old Rahim and five-month-old Richard. "He managed to get away and I am in jail."
The children are among five Canadian-born kids who face deportation as they live in detention with their mothers.

"I have been here for a couple weeks and now I want to go home," Pierre said. "We have to decide how to start a new life again."
Sajjad Bhatti, manager of the centre, said two retired principals are brought to the centre to teach the children three times weekly. Up to 12 or more children can call the centre home some weeks.
"The parents have a choice of bringing their young children to the centre as they await removal," Bhatti said. "The kids are well looked after."
He said 90 detainees are being kept at the centre and the average stay is about three weeks.
Detainees have their own rooms with televisions as they await the trip home. They are entitled to medical care and free phone service.
Bhatti said detainees have a room to pray and others get free Bibles. They are allowed two hours of time outside daily to play sports.

Last edited:

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Still on the illegal issue...no sympathy from Canada...

An illegal immigrant has no right to free medical intervention or ongoing health care under the Charter of Rights, the Federal Court of Appeal has ruled in a precedent-setting decision.

Illegal immigrants have no right to free health care: Court | News | National Post

No such thing as anchor babies in Canada...

Franclia Pierre and her two young children are counting their days in Canada.

The Saint Vincent island mom sits with her two kids inside the Toronto Immigration Detention Centre, pondering their future as she gets ready for deportation on Saturday.
"I am worried about my kids," Pierre said on Thursday in the cafeteria of the centre. "What are we going to do when we get back there?”
Pierre, 22, arrived in Canada about three years ago from the Caribbean island and didn't return home.
"The children's father didn't have correct immigration papers either," she said as she fed 19-month-old Rahim and five-month-old Richard. "He managed to get away and I am in jail."
The children are among five Canadian-born kids who face deportation as they live in detention with their mothers.

"I have been here for a couple weeks and now I want to go home," Pierre said. "We have to decide how to start a new life again."
Sajjad Bhatti, manager of the centre, said two retired principals are brought to the centre to teach the children three times weekly. Up to 12 or more children can call the centre home some weeks.
"The parents have a choice of bringing their young children to the centre as they await removal," Bhatti said. "The kids are well looked after."
He said 90 detainees are being kept at the centre and the average stay is about three weeks.
Detainees have their own rooms with televisions as they await the trip home. They are entitled to medical care and free phone service.
Bhatti said detainees have a room to pray and others get free Bibles. They are allowed two hours of time outside daily to play sports.

I like the part where she says " My husband managed to get away." So he leaves her with 2 kids, real good dad, NOOOOOt. Riveting...............

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
As American officials can't afford to provide for taxpayers, I think illegals should have a choice of getting legal or getting out. If I can't break the law with impunity, neither should they be allowed to do it.
Those anchor babies are dragging us deeper underwater, when we're already drowning!
:mad: