ignore list

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
As it's currently designed, the ignore list doesn't do much to help an ignorer ignore an ignoree. Currently there is a huge gap in the middle of a thread with the ignoree's name and a message reminding the ignorer that there is a huge gap in the conversation, because they are ignoring the particular ignoree's posts (not exactly getting away from someone you're trying to ignore). Perhaps just replace the ignoree's post with a clickable line. The clickable line should be easier to read past, but still allow the function of retrieving ignored content. Ignorees being quoted is probably harder to scrub.

A more functional ignore list might also provide another interesting user statistic--you are being ignored by ___ members. Or hall of fame category of member ignored by the greatest number of people.

All in the spirit of trying to re-recruit my friends who no longer participate or have reduced their participation in the eo forums.

eb

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
A more functional ignore list might also provide another interesting user statistic--you are being ignored by ___ members. Or hall of fame category of member ignored by the greatest number of people.
I REALLY LIKE this idea!!! :)

I would really like a limit of three (at most) repeated punctuation... beyond that, what is the point really??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Last edited:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Ooooh, I like the "you are being ignored by xx people" idea, lol. Wait - is it public, or private?! :eek:
Personally, there is no one on my ignore list, and never has been. [I'm sure there are a couple who wish I'd ignore them but if I could, I wouldn't be me, and I don't know who else I could be - everyone I admire is already taken.] Because even those I disagree with pretty often have something useful to contribute, and I'd hate to miss it. And especially because silence is often taken for affirmation.
I understand your motive, though, and also miss a lot of the voices we don't hear around here anymore. Maybe it's just age, nostalgia, whatever, but it feels like it used to be more interesting, and we're just going around in circles, covering the same ground, over & over & over.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
You keep running over people they tend not to return.......lol

Agreed....Chef. helped a lot of newbie s as well.... Excellent pics of van interior and gen. setups...
Its to bad most of His Haters were leased to same place as him... .even though the Company had nothing to do with it...Imo

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
for now, i'm going to work on the ignorer/ignoree issue. i'll save the haters and hatees for another day.

as for getting run over, i try not to stand in the middle of the road.

eb

westmicher

Veteran Expediter
Agreed....Chef. helped a lot of newbie s as well.... Excellent pics of van interior and gen. setups...
Its to bad most of His Haters were leased to same place as him... .even though the Company had nothing to do with it...Imo
Yes! My biggest Hater works for my carrier too! Although it's not normally my style to publicly call out such jerks, I am obviously going to have to in this case...