If you won on a lottery scratch off ticket?

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
If you won $100,000 clear after taxes, would you buy a couple of new Transits and outfit them for drivers? I've been watching this and I believe the first response would be no, save the money. But, these vans would have no payments on them. Does everyone still feel it's too risky? Thinking it could potentially provide a retirement income for me.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

Reactions: NorthernBill

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope. That $100k would be worth $70k a week from Tuesday and $10k in 7-8 years. Yeah, there's income being generated but the 60/40 split of van revenue minus expenses isn't going to be much. I'd find two really good houses I could lease out and put $40k down on each one with a $10k Murphy repellent reserve for each. A week from Tuesday they're still going to be worth 99-101% of what they're worth today. In 7-8 years they're going to be worth far more than $10k, hopefully more than today. They're going to generate a monthly income probably equal to the split on a pair of vans and they'll still be doing the same not only in 7 but 17 and 27 years from now when the van is almost nothing but rust dust.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
buy rv and go down the road slow and in way of all van's, straight truck's and tractor trailers

Reactions: ucfd608