I75 South closed in Cincinnati, Hopple St overpass collapsed...

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
One Person Killed In Cincinnati Bridge Collapse | WBNS-10TV Columbus, Ohio

CINCINNATI - Investigators say a construction worker was killed late Monday night in Cincinnati when a bridge over Interstate 75 collapsed.
WRKC-TV reports the accident also injured the driver of a tractor trailer that was partially crushed in the collapse.
Cincinnati Police and Fire tweeted that Interstate 75 South would remain closed "indefinitely" at the Hopple Street overpass and exit.
The accident occurred at the site of an on-going construction project just north of downtown Cincinnati

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/news/2015/01/19/bridge-collapse-75-south/22031429/

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just went through there 2 days ago, and as a driver, I'm getting pretty angry at the ways Congress and states keep ignoring the sorry state of necessary infrastructure. Our lives depend on these things! :mad:

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I just went through there 2 days ago, and as a driver, I'm getting pretty angry at the ways Congress and states keep ignoring the sorry state of necessary infrastructure. Our lives depend on these things! :mad:

Your frustrating is more then understandable but in this case the repairs where under way.. Another story mentioned they had a excavator up top and that may have contributed???
What gets me boiling is the complete lack of traffic enforcement and courtesy by other drivers including big trucks.. Ohio is in shambles right now top to bottom from these construction sites..

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Dang, our jobs are dangerous enough. Last thing we should have to worry about is a bridge falling on us

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Dang, our jobs are dangerous enough. Last thing we should have to worry about is a bridge falling on us

In Cincinnati yes you do..
I understand thr big one going over the water is in trouble also? I can't imagine how old that one is.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I believe the number of bridges in this country in need of replacement is approaching 70 to 80K.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Our thoughts go out to the JB Hunt driver who within seconds could have been a pancake, but only has minor injuries. Also, to the construction worker who lost his life and his family.

The outcome could have been much worse for many. I was under that bridge about 90 minutes before it collapsed in traffic. WOOW!!!!

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I 75 there was also supposed to be closed 11 pm to 5 am jan.20 to the 24th in the construction zone

chillout

Administrator
Staff member
On Time Media Staff
i-75 is reopened, in case anyone is brave enough to go that way now....