I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH STRAIGHT TR

G

I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH A COMPANY THAT WILL
SIGN ON A 1995 INT'L WITH 22 FT. BOX/ NEW GENERATION
ENGINE, SLEEPER, HEAVY DUTY BED, WITH ALMOST 500K
ON IT. THE TRUCK WAS TAKEN CARE OF.

NEXT PROBLEM: I WOULD RELOCATE TO SOUTHERN REGION
(NASHVILLE) IF I WOULD NOT HAVE TO GO TO CANADA.
I REALLY NEED TO STRIKE OUT FOR MYSELF SOON
(I AM 50 ) I NEED TO BE ABLE TO AFFORD INSURANCE
(HEALTH), CAN'T GET A REAL JOB BECAUSE OF FELONY
CONVICTION IN 1990 (HENCE NO CANADA), AND, OR
BECAUSE OF 3 MOVING VIOLATIONS IN LESS THAN 3
YEARS; BUT I CAN AFFORD TO BUY A TRUCK AND
GET STARTED, AS LONG AS THE ABOVE CONSIDERATIONS
ARE TAKEN INTO ACCOUNT. I WOULD GREATLY APP-
RECIATE ANY POSITIVE FEEDBACK ABOUT THE ABOVE
PROBLEM, thanx j

G

By reading your message, it impresses me that you have answered you own question. Best of all for you!

G

Have you tried... RE: I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH STRAIGHT TR

John,

I know a guy who has an old unit on with Auto-Quick. He's not making the big bucks, but he is always loaded. They are the only ones I know who take a truck that old. call them at 1-800-422-3345.

good luck
phil

G

RE: Have you tried... RE: I NEED HELP GETTING STARTED WITH STRAIGHT TR

For the short term I believe you have a problem. Most expeditors require trips to Canada. LEA does not require it but you need a clean MVR. Are some of you're tickets old and ready to come off? The felony, is it over 5 years old? If so you can get a Canadian pardon. It is called a ministers permit. It takes 9-12 months to process. If you want to get into expediting I would start there by contacting you're nearest Canadian Consulate. Currently I think you are out of luck, but in time with a cleaner MVR and ministers permit you could be in business. Good Luck Jack

G

John, You should talk to David Reed at Auto Quick. They will let you put an older truck on. They run 3 states (OH, MI, IN and southern OT.) They can help get you qualified in Canada with the felony. They can keep you busy in those states hauling only automotive. Good luck. Let us know what you find out

G

The phone number for Auto Quick is: 800-788-0454.
You could also call Nations Express and talk to Mary Howard. That phone number is: 888-997-9911.
dan