I need a new project.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
I'm bored with my knitting project, so I guess I'll whine here instead.
I'm knitting a dishcloth that I just can't get around to finishing. I should throw it away and start something else, but that's not being frugal.
My deceased m-i-l was an avid crafter. You could open a craft store with all the stuff in her basement. One thing she didn't do was knit, which I do. She crocheted. Anyway...I have a box full of crochet thread. I thought I would knit dishcoths out of the thread. So I bought size 3 knitting needles and using two strands of thread, went to work. This is taking forever, and I'm bored with it.
My dh and I are planning to go to the expediters expo in July. Anyone need crochet thread?

The Enemy

Veteran Expediter
We will take some of it. Jenny has been working on crocheting. Also you could look at opening a store on Etsy.com to sell some of the things that you have made.

YarnDoll

Seasoned Expediter
I've never checked out Etsy.com. But I havn't made anything with the crochet thread anyway. I'll look for you at expo.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have been working pretty hard on getting a crocheted blanket for my Mother In Law for Christmas. I am trying to get this blanket done before it gets hot! I do not enjoy crocheting in the summer at all!

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
gracie is working on a baby sweater for another newborn. she is also working on a log cabin quilt for a june wedding gift . large blocks of yarn in stitch only. very boring and lots of markers. when finished it it will total 19 skeins of yarn and 2 miles if unraveled.

she was also involved in an olympic knitting competition for snicks and grins. did a very nice lace shawl..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Tightly wind the yarn around your E-track straps, and you'll have a kicky fun tie-down for your cargo. The reaction of shippers is priceless, especially if you're White Glove.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
Tightly wind the yarn around your E-track straps, and you'll have a kicky fun tie-down for your cargo. The reaction of shippers is priceless, especially if you're White Glove.

how do you get the yarn thru the ratchets? just wonderin'.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yeah, hadn't thought of that. Wouldn't fit. Oh, well. I guess there's always covering a Pringles can.