I increased my trucks value

ttruck

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
just came out of detroit also had the op to catch a thief doing the same,after or brief meeting he said he was giong to call the popo so i tased him again

outandbout

Active Expediter
However I did have to buy a locking fuel cap because someone sucked 30 gallons out in the Detroit area

I increased my truck's value too. I put myself in my Chevy Express to care for and deliver the customer's freight to Baltimore with the proven character and responsibility required to handle the task. The funny thing is that most carriers do not care at all until something goes wrong and they find out. I think that the high caliber carriers should come up with an assessment test for the potential contractors before signing them on instead of taking every Tom,D, and H that comes along with a Sprinter or bad as* Ford Terramax. In turn, this would help the quality focused and so called, "dime a dozen", cargo van owners that have trouble signing on at the top 2 companies because there is so much competition.

Who are the top 2 best companies? One starts with an 'L', and the other one starts with an 'L'.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I have a driver on a load for me right now and he hasn't answered his cell phone for 3 hours. I am getting very frustrated with drivers who cannot do their job properly. If you were my driver and did a good job I'd probably pay you faster and give you a hand shake. Good drivers are hard to find!

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a driver on a load for me right now and he hasn't answered his cell phone for 3 hours. I am getting very frustrated with drivers who cannot do their job properly. If you were my driver and did a good job I'd probably pay you faster and give you a hand shake. Good drivers are hard to find!
Patience Grasshopper...maybe he was fueling up at the time?...Maybe he is napping?...or in the boys room....he'll have some whacky excuse I am sure....by nature drivers don't like to be told what to do and how to do it...they get thinking their way is better then yours...and most know better how to run your company then you do....LOL

and some have this silly notion that independent contractor means they are the boss....:rolleyes:

EasyDoesIt

Active Expediter

Maybe he is in an area with no signal. My old phone would almost never get a signal inside the T/A restaurant in Russell, IL while all other cell phones worked. Changed from AT&T to Verizon to solve that problem.