I found a good guy in Detroit to do lube and light truck repair very reasonable

douggramm

Seasoned Expediter
His name is Tom Bott (734) 223-1763-tell em doug sent you and he has a small shop at michigan ave and telegraph area has room to fit a straight truck inside and has a car hoist to lift a sprinter. He has the tools and a wire welder as well. Best not to try to reach him before 10 am-he works till late at night and weekends(he lives at the shop-literally)His pricing is very reasonable -but would be cash only-he doesnt have a credit card setup. He has done everything on my straights from exhaust repairs to lube/oil changes to changing shocks etc-he has also diagnosed and repair wiring on the boxes and has done box repair-a fair warning he loves to talk and he is not an expeditor-in other words best not to be in a real hurry when it comes to gettin the work done fast-i do some of the repair work with him and he gives me a break on the labor too.

Wolverine

Seasoned Expediter
That's different. When I operated my construction business I always quoted a customer an hourly rate when they wanted to watch.

I doubled what I charged them if they insisted on helping.

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
Is his shop insured and certified?
I'm thinking it could make him some good money if he would lean toward helping expeditor's as that shop in Woodyhaven isn't taking care of the market very well...This area needs someone that would cater/specialize to our trucks and service em.