I Finally saw one

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Today while at the carryout I saw a for sale sign listing a Layout Boat, 10 feet long and 50 inches wide for $550.00
That is about one ugly boat:D Can people actually get comfortable in one of those things?:eek:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Today while at the carryout I saw a for sale sign listing a Layout Boat, 10 feet long and 50 inches wide for $550.00
That is about one ugly boat:D Can people actually get comfortable in one of those things?:eek:

Uh Oh, Hope LOS doesn't see this. :eek:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I figure that he has already seen it and that he is quietly thinking of a response:D
I'm sure that he will come back with something:D

I just now saw it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wonder what kind of layout it was? 10' is very small. Mine is almost 13. Maybe an Mighty Layout Boys classic?

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
I just now saw it. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I wonder what kind of layout it was? 10' is very small. Mine is almost 13. Maybe an Mighty Layout Boys classic?

Next time I get over there I'll look and see if it has a name and let ya know.. (If it's still there) and It's still one ugly boat:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks like one of those boats that run wacky weed up from S America. What do you use them for?:D

LOL!! NO motors on them. They are a specialized type of duck hunting boat that was invented around Gibraltar, MI in the late 1930's and early 1940's. It is used to hunt "open water", as in not in the marshes. We hunt Lake Erie and the lower Detroit River with them.

purgoose10

Veteran Expediter
LOL!! NO motors on them. They are a specialized type of duck hunting boat that was invented around Gibraltar, MI in the late 1930's and early 1940's. It is used to hunt "open water", as in not in the marshes. We hunt Lake Erie and the lower Detroit River with them.

Oh okay. I got it. Thanks.:D

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Can't recall,But it was sure an ugly boat. And Tomorrow after church I'm gonna take a ride to that carryout and take another look and will let you know:D

Ok, I wish I knew something about computers. I have a video but have NO idea on how to post it. That video would explain it all.

Poorboy

Expert Expediter
Ok, I wish I knew something about computers. I have a video but have NO idea on how to post it. That video would explain it all.

Ahh Not a big deal, I was in a way pulling your chain cuz it's ugly Lol:D But I am going tomorrow to take another look at it and see if it looks anything likme yours.:D
By the way, if your home, March 5th. is the wild game dinner. It's at an American legion post in Michigan on Lewis avenue. Next time I get over to the Yacht club I'll get the address if you want me to....

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ahh Not a big deal, I was in a way pulling your chain cuz it's ugly Lol:D But I am going tomorrow to take another look at it and see if it looks anything likme yours.:D
By the way, if your home, March 5th. is the wild game dinner. It's at an American legion post in Michigan on Lewis avenue. Next time I get over to the Yacht club I'll get the address if you want me to....

I don't plan on being home then. We have our Ducks Unlimited Dinner in April and we always work there.

Link Below:

Monroe County Ducks Unlimited, a non-profit organization