I feel so stupid, just burned by cargosoup

00Grog

Rookie Expediter
Somewhere on a forum I read were cargosoup.com was a loadboard worth the $20 it cost to join. Well, let me tell you its not. when you look at their examples,every state has 10 or 15 loads. Thats not a lot,but it is just a sample,,,or so they say. Once you give them $20 and you go to the load boards they are blank. I have looked at every state,,,NOT ONE LOAD posted. This is the biggest rip off site I have ever seen. I called my cc company trying to stop the payment. Hope it works. $20 is not a lot ,but sucks to get taken like that.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Welcome to the club, I tried that site out a few years ago and wish I would have done a search here about them first.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

Opel2010

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Got burned too... And never got my money back. :mad:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using EO Forums mobile app

00Grog

Rookie Expediter
Cargosoup makes uship look good. At least uship has something on it,,might only pay 15 cents a mile, but its not just blank.

21cExp

Veteran Expediter
I don't know anything about cargosoup or U-Ship, and haven't seen the Shipping Wars reality show (about U-Ship though, right?) but did meet a younger guy in Tulsa, in a good looking Ford CV who--with his girlfriend or wife--says they have great luck now with U-Ship. That it used to be a slow-pay/no-pay deal, but now that they have an eBay style way to escrow funds from the customer, things have improved a great deal.

I did not get more of a chance to discuss it with him, as I caught a run headed north, but I still can't see myself doing U-Ship type loads where I have to deal with the general public who has little to no understanding of shipping and receiving, oddball loads packed lord knows how well, and who seem to have more to complain about with U-Ship than drivers do.

Sorry you got burned for twenty bucks.

pwrwagn

Active Expediter
Somewhere on a forum I read were cargosoup.com was a loadboard worth the $20 it cost to join. Well, let me tell you its not. when you look at their examples,every state has 10 or 15 loads. Thats not a lot,but it is just a sample,,,or so they say. Once you give them $20 and you go to the load boards they are blank. I have looked at every state,,,NOT ONE LOAD posted. This is the biggest rip off site I have ever seen. I called my cc company trying to stop the payment. Hope it works. $20 is not a lot ,but sucks to get taken like that.

Don't feel stupid, you probably saved a few other people 20 bucks. To admit it was a mistake and trying to stop others? That's a good act, man.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I don't know anything about cargosoup or U-Ship, and haven't seen the Shipping Wars reality show (about U-Ship though, right?) but did meet a younger guy in Tulsa, in a good looking Ford CV who--with his girlfriend or wife--says they have great luck now with U-Ship. That it used to be a slow-pay/no-pay deal, but now that they have an eBay style way to escrow funds from the customer, things have improved a great deal.

I did not get more of a chance to discuss it with him, as I caught a run headed north, but I still can't see myself doing U-Ship type loads where I have to deal with the general public who has little to no understanding of shipping and receiving, oddball loads packed lord knows how well, and who seem to have more to complain about with U-Ship than drivers do.

Sorry you got burned for twenty bucks.

if you work at it...you know..think of it as a job....you can line up multiple drop and pick ups and make some good money....I got about $1,60 a mile on a combo load once...that took me 150 miles from home...sweet.

pwrwagn

Active Expediter
Whoa, I had forgotten Uship even exists. So, I went back and looked at what's on there. Gads. Worse than ever. Even multiple posts of the exact same thing.

I saw someone wanted to move 89000 lbs of sand. Or maybe it was 890000 lbs (not a misprint), but the price? Under 1.25 a mile. Seriously? Who is going to drive dry van (that's how they wanted it hauled) over weight for a 1.25? I'd sell it first, and go be a sign waver on a street corner.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Whoa, I had forgotten Uship even exists. So, I went back and looked at what's on there. Gads. Worse than ever. Even multiple posts of the exact same thing.

I saw someone wanted to move 89000 lbs of sand. Or maybe it was 890000 lbs (not a misprint), but the price? Under 1.25 a mile. Seriously? Who is going to drive dry van (that's how they wanted it hauled) over weight for a 1.25? I'd sell it first, and go be a sign waver on a street corner.

Now you know that depends on what states are involved in the load....some states are now 90,000 plus...

BobWolf

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have used Internet truckstop with decent results. Most load boards are set up for full tractor trailer loads. Strait truck and vans are a niche. One thing I do is look up LTL and search flat, van/refer, other or specialized you usualy see more results. If its not too large or heavy and the freight can go on the truck youre running and the ship and delivery will work with what you are driving the only discussion is money.

Bob Wolf

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't know if this will make you feel better or not but that $20.00 is tax deductable.

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
If you used a credit card, call them. Most, like Visa/MC/Amex can/will block the payment and remove it and help report it as fraud. It was certainly a valuable lesson to do the research first instead of last but at least it was only $20.
(I did the same thing one morning sitting in McDonalds in Irving, TX last year
Visa credited/blocked the $20 charge)