I do not consent to searches

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Well, I finally got to say that today. The DEA showed up, and said someone told them we were growing marijuana in our basement. They asked if they could come in and do a search. I told them... you know. He said I seemed apprehensive. I said no, just that a warrant is what it would take to get in. That's all.

I did show them the garage. They asked what our rain barrels were for, what was in my truck, blah blah. They ran my license and went on their merry way.

Oh well... their informant is just a little less reliable now, I guess.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Do you think you'll be able to get rid of the plants before they get back with the warrant? :cool:

Hash brownies anyone? LOL

Talking to a neighbor, I put one and one together. I'm thinking these guys were actually the Sheriff, as they were next door this morning, and footprints in the snow led from there to my house. Next door is vacant, with the guy fixing it up. I'm thinking he had something stolen, and that's what they were really trying to find. If they had said that, I might have let them in, out of respect for my neighbor. But since they said they were the feds, hellz no! LOL

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Surprised no one has commented on this... especially AMonger.

We think we have it figured out. We have reason to believe our neighbor is the one growing pot, and the DEA came by on the off chance that we were in on it too.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This episode with the DEA had me thinking about a little song from the past: :D

"And they burned and they dug, And they killed all our cute little weeds. Then they drove away, We just smiled and waved .......... Sittin' there on that sack of seeds!"

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Only thing I wouldn't have let them in the garage.

At the time, I didn't want to seem like a jerk. But that's what they do... egg and egg until you give in, at least a little. Next time I know to be firm on the subject. This time, it just tended to fly, with my mind not clear on making decisions. I'm just glad I didn't fold on the house. The garage, at least they can't tear that up. Everything is just there. The house is a bunch of boxes and such from the move... a mess that would've been made a catastrophe if they had torn thru it.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It is very easy to refuse access to your property without being a jerk. All one has to say is

"I'm sorry but I would require a warrant for you to search my property, but thank you so much for looking out after us. It's good to know you are out here trying to help keep us safe."

Be firm and polite. IF they get PUSHY, just close the door.