I bought an Audi.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
2001 allroad, twin turbo 2.7 liter 30 valve V6, Quattro, Tiptronic, leather. 155k. Original price with options = $47k.

I paid $20.

It didn't run.

A $20 engine speed sensor, repairing a wire splice, and tightening a grounding post fixed it. I've put about 1500 miles on it. It runs great.

I'm pretty lucky, I guess.

Reactions: in-Transit

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
2001 allroad, twin turbo 2.7 liter 30 valve V6, Quattro, Tiptronic, leather. 155k. Original price with options = $47k.

I paid $20.

It didn't run.

A $20 engine speed sensor, repairing a wire splice, and tightening a grounding post fixed it. I've put about 1500 miles on it. It runs great.

I'm pretty lucky, I guess.

And/or pretty smart, lol. Nice!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
This was the day I brought it home.

xaVmBUO.jpg

Quite a variety of vehicles at my house.

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Who sells a car for 20.00 it's worth 10 times that or more scrap value! I'll give ya 400 cash!! It's a 5 speed right? I need a manual trams small car to tow behind my motor home this summer!

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
Who sells a car for 20.00 it's worth 10 times that or more scrap value! I'll give ya 400 cash!! It's a 5 speed right? I need a manual trams small car to tow behind my motor home this summer!
It's Tiptronic, 5 speed auto. Id have preferred the manual, but I cant complain. You couldn't flat tow it regardless because of AWD.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What a deal! I bought my daughter a 91 saturn for 300 bucks when she turned 16, she'll be 22 in a couple months and that things still running, I thought I did good. You make that look like a bad deal lol.

greasytshirt

Staff member
Mechanic
I confess ... I love wagons lol! My wife hates them!

Sent from my flying circus
The original plan was to flip it for $5-6k, but my wife's been eyeballing it and finally she said, "I bet I can fit a bunch of stuff in that", then showed up one afternoon with 300 lbs of bagged mulch and chicken feed in the back.

End of that plan, for a while anyway.

We both like wagons and the ride quality of German cars in general.

Reactions: in-Transit