I Am Not Religious

dhalltoyo

Veteran Expediter
There was much discussion and many comments on a recent post of mine.

I want to thank ALL who posted. Communication is the key to resolution.

Therefore, I would like to take this opportunity to explain exactly what I believe.

That said please bear with me.

The religious want religious answers. The answers came directly from the very mouth of the Son of God and they did not satisfy the religious then; therefore, it will not satisfy the religious now.

Religion seeks but it never finds, because religion rejoices in its own activities, and in the search of itself. Religion wants prescriptions, and lists, and tasks. Religion wants a clear outline of “minimum standards”.

Religion desires a physical house of worship and a creed and an organization. Religion desires structure and rules.

Religion is never the answer, because religion exists only to perpetuate more structure, and more requirements, and sustains itself through order and repetition.

The religious want to do things religiously, which simply means doing something over and over to earn a feeling of absolution or worthiness.

The religions of the world exist by teaching that without their religious structure and adherence to their many requirements, no man can know God.

Religion is what people get when they get what they want.

Jesus Christ did not come to give what people want, but rather what they need, and what they must have if they would inherit eternal life with God the Father.
Religion kills. Religion imprisons. Religion deceives. Religion takes people to hell by the trainload. All man-made religious structures stand worthless and condemned since Jesus Christ.

The “ekklesia” of God, the Household of God, the Family of God, His Treasured Possession, is made up, not of those who seek religion or a religious experience, but those who believe in Jesus Christ with a saving belief, an empowered belief that comes when God the Father draws a person to Jesus Christ. Those who know Jesus’ voice will not follow religion, or any other shepherd.

If you list your religion as Christianity, and say you are a believer in Jesus Christ simply because you go to a Christian church building and participate in the activities and services, and sometimes read your Bible and even pray, and you believe that makes you a believer, then you may be entirely deceived, as the religious Jews were in their day. If you think you are saved because you believe in the “basic principles and precepts” of the Bible, and believe that Jesus is the Christ, please listen.

Perhaps your deep discontent, which you express to nobody but your own inner self, is because you know you are not truly experiencing the Christ-life, and abiding in Christ, but are just being a religious ‘Christian’!

Many of us have been raised in this religion. Many of us were caught in this religious trap. Many of us are hearing the voice of Christ, the Word of Christ, for the first time, calling us out from this empty life of observance and spectatorship.
Come with us on the only adventure worth having in this life, the Life of Christ lived in us, the fullness of Christ growing in us, the Way, the Truth, and the Life. Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

Remember, the Pharisees and the Scribes were the religious crowd during the time Jesus Christ walked on this earth and when the Roman governor asked what should be done with Jesus, they replied, “Crucify him!” Yes, it was the religious crowd that called out for him to be crucified. I want no part of religion. I am a Bible believer, plain and simple.

If you truly believe, your life will be Christ’s, and He will live in you, and His Spirit will empower you to live a life of love and sacrifice for others as Jesus did.

Remember, even the devils have religion!

paullud

Veteran Expediter
There is a growing segment of Christians that are fed up with religion, myself included. My eyes were opened to the issue several years ago when having a conversation with my pastor and he said that he hated religion. I didn't understand what he meant at first but after a little explaining it was clear why there are many issues with religion.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

moose

Veteran Expediter
you are Not Religious, yet you expect everyone to take your view of religion.
{& just for the heck of it, Jews where not "entirely deceived, as the religious Jews were in their day",
just as they are not now-days.
believe it or not.

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
For some organized religion works well, that's OK.

For some some singular worship works well, that's OK.

For some not believing works well, that's OK.

The odd thing is how many in each category feel they are right. Do what works for you and don't worry about the others, it will be OK.

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123