I 65 NB in Alabama at a complete standstill

Falligator

Expert Expediter
Avoid this section of highway for the next several hours. I hear traffic is being diverted off the highway due to black ice and several accidents. Around mm 310-318 is where the problem is. SB traffic moving. Been sitting for an hour not moved.

Jason2

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Just saw this on our local news.They just added also down to mm300is getting bad also.Falligator they said they are taking anyone that needs to go to a warm place.

rollincoal

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I rolled thru Huntsville around 3am this morning. You could see the glazed stretches where it was obviously slick. Saw a 4 car tangle at a merge ramp onto I-565. It was near the end of 565 just before it turns into US hwy 72. That particular section of the freeway has about a 3 mile stretch where the highway is concrete and it's also a bridge, for the entire 3 miles, with lots of curves and merge ramps along the way - posted speed limit 65mph in GOOD conditions... After all the rain the last week plus the dropping temps, it's a notoriously bad place for black ice to form... ...Huntsville drivers have never been the brightest bunch in my experience in fact they are some of the craziest most dangerous of anywhere I go... Always be on your toes in that town.. Lots of stupid fools who think 90mph is a birthright...

Last edited: